How long to do DL or CA?

markºoº

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting
First off, I know very little about DL. I've been to WDW twice and are planning a land/sea cruise for 2002.

However, my wife and I will be in San Diego for a convention she attends. Yesterday it dawned on me that DL is probably only about 60-90 minutes away. Duh! I'm thinking of maybe doing a solo day trip to DL or CA on Friday, Sept 21 while my wife is in meetings. I would get there when the park opens but would have to leave in time to get back to San Diego by 5:30.

I figure I would get about 6 hours. Is this enough time to make it worth it? Which park would be better for a short solo day trip?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:cool:

Hi Mark,

Yeah, I'd drive from SD and back for 6 hours at DL! If you wanted to see both parks, you could get the one day parkhopper pass, and in six hours you could easily walk through both parks. Don't count on seeing all the attractions though!

Although DL has changed tremendously over the years, it's still the first theme park, the place where Walt walked and delighted at seeing guests happy faces. It was his dream come true...

Keep that in your thoughts as you walk down Main Street. Maybe you too will one day call Disneyland, home...

I don't think you can get a 1 day parkhopper, I thought that you can only get the hoppers with the flexpasses only. Anyone know about this?:earsgirl:

I didn't think there was a one-day parkhopper either. If there is PLEASE tell me where to find it!!!

before we moved to the San Diego area.. we spent a day at DL and DCA..

The Friday we went was great.. we went to DCA first (got there as it was opening).. and it was EMPTY.. literally.. more cast members than guests.. we went on Soaring over California (usually a LONG wait) 4times in a row!

We finished (and went on every ride that was open) by noon.. had lunch and then the crowds showed up .. we switched to DL.. and didn't have many crowds at all (a few 5-10min waits)

We finished both easily by 4pm.. which is the latest you'll want to leave to be back to San Diego by 5:30 on friday night..

You might want to explore the Metrolink.. it doesn't go directly from San Diego to Disneyland.. but does go from San Diego to Anaheim (then bus to Disneyland) this would allow you to avoid the inevitable friday afternoon traffic jam!

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
http://209.125.19.196/service/coasterpage.htm

have fun!
:)
beth

There are no 1-day park hoppers.

I have never made it from Orange County to San Diego on a Friday in less than 3 hours, often worse. :(

DL park can't be done in a few hours. DCA is enjoyable & can be done in 6 hours; the official website lists 10:00 opening...so you'd get 4-1/2 hours before leaving at a safe time...Sea World is lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter