How long to check-in and get to the parks?

John Hillin

Earning My Ears
We're heading to Disney World in May and are arriving late on a Thursday night. We're spending the night at a hotel near Disney Springs. The next morning we're getting up early, Ubering to the Grand Floridian, checking in and activating the magic bands, leaving our luggage with the bellhop, hopping the monorail (or boat) and trying to get the Magic Kingdom for EMH that begin at 8am. It will be an early morning for sure. Just wandering how much time you would give yourself? T

You can check in beginning at 6AM. We've done this sort of thing before, we always try to check in at 6, that way we have plenty of time to get to the park, maybe get a cup of coffee first.

The good thing is bell services isn't usually very busy that early in the morning :thumbsup2

If you do online check in you'll already be checked in and if you already have your magic bands they are already activated.
Basically you'd just need to store your bags.
In case there's a bit of a wait I'd give myself 15 minutes at bell services.

OK, Although I've been to Disney 8 or so times I'm not familiar with online check-in. Is this done via the My Disney Experience app or website?

OK, Although I've been to Disney 8 or so times I'm not familiar with online check-in. Is this done via the My Disney Experience app or website?

either the app or website. You put a credit card on file with them to do the online check-in.

If you have tickets/magic bands there's no need to check in other than to drop your luggage at bell services. The MBs should already be active, I think. When you do online check and enter a CC number you may get your room number texted to you and no need to stop at the desk.

When we stayed at the GF, we typically left for the park around 45mins prior to opening. I'd give yourself 15 minutes for check in, and 30 minutes for the uber ride, and maybe another 15 minute of "just in case" extra time (in case monorail is not working, uber drivers show up late, etc.). So I think if you leave your hotel at 6/6:15 am you'd be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter