How long to budget for 50s Prime Time?

Stefien Quix

Mouseketeer
On a bit of a time crunch, but would like to squeeze in a lunch at 50s PTC if possible. How long should I budget for a lunch there?

I wouldn't try and squeeze that in. A couple of time we had to wait quite a long time to even get a table. Our last time was about 1.5 - 2 hrs from res time to leaving.

I wouldn't try and squeeze that in. A couple of time we had to wait quite a long time to even get a table. Our last time was about 1.5 - 2 hrs from res time to leaving.

Oh sorry, I should have said, I have a dining reservation for it.

Our last trip was 25 minutes from check in until getting seated. The trip before that was about 20 minutes. So we've never been under 1.5 hours.

Figure an hour to 90 minutes.That includes waiting for your table. Did lunch a few times. Once we got seated it wasn't too bad but our reservations were within the 1st hour they were open. We also didn't have appetizers and shared a dessert.

We did not have reservations. Only waited 20 minutes, when we enjoyed a drink at the bar, and lunch took roughly 45 minutes. We really enjoyed it.

would expect 60-90 minutes at dinner, not sure if lunch will be any faster.

Oh sorry, I should have said, I have a dining reservation for it.

Even with an ADR you could still have to wait quite a while. They try to space them out, but if lots of people linger, that holds everyone else up.

You could always simply tell the hostess you are under a time crunch as he/she is taking you to your table, and then tell the waiter the same thing. Also, be ready to order as soon as hecomes - I mean, you can find the menu anywhere, so decide what you want and don't go through the whole "here's-your-water-I'll-be-back" bit. And as you're finishing whatever your last course is, let him know you'll be ready to go in a minute so he knows to be ready to scan your magic band. If you're paying with a credit card, just hand it to him and tell him to run it. No need for the "I'll-leave-the-check-here-then-come-back" bit, either.

There is so much wasted time at the beginning and end of sit-down meals (anywhere, not just Disney).

DH and I have had lunch there twice, with reservations (Jan 2017 and Oct 2017). Both times it was around 1.5 hours, since we had to wait quite a while to be seated.

Ok then, so follow up question, if I go there, with reservations, and they tell me I've got a 15-20-30 minute, whatever length and I'm like, no, that won't work, will I be penalized the no-show reservation penalty for not using my reservation if I leave instead of staying to honor it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter