• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

How long should I expect it to take to get a DAS issued?

Maggie'sMom

DIS Veteran
On past trips, I've just used a good touring plan and lots of fastpasses to make the trip as smooth as possible for my DD. We never got a GAC. But with the changes to the fastpass system, plus a less than pleasant situation DD and I experienced on our last trip, I've decided it would be prudent to at least get a DAS. DD can have great days when we'd be fine without it, but there can be days when things just aren't going as smoothly. So this will be my first time dealing with guest services in this regard. I can pretty easily explain my DD's challenges and how they impact our time at WDW.

I was thinking there might be more of a wait first thing in the morning to get the DAS. DD and I have always been rope drop people (slightly cooler temps + shorter lines = happy mom and daughter :) ) so I thought we might skip getting the DAS that first morning and instead hit a few rides first to take advantage of short standby lines. Then we could stop by to get the DAS late morning or early afternoon depending on how things are going. We are going the last week in May and will be in the MK our first day. How long have you waited at Guest Services to talk with them? How long does it take to get the DAS issued? Is there a time of day that is usually shorter waits at GS than others?

I don't know about other times and places but I picked up mine at AK around 1pm and it took less than 5 minutes.

We were at the EPCOT International Gateway on 12/22. We probably got there at 1:00 pm? Took 45 minutes and then they didn't have a working printer so we were sent to HS. The line was long there so we skipped it until 5:30 pm and there wasn't a line. Took about 10 minutes after that.

Last week of May is less crowded than Christmas time, but it isn't exactly dead either. I guess we'll play it by ear. If there's a line when we get to GS, we'll come back later.

With limited fastpasses and the tiering, this trip is stressing me out more than any of our previous trips. Plus, DD wants to meet Anna and Elsa. :eek: I've already been preparing her with the info that lines are 2 hours long for that. She's determined so that may be the one day I agree to take the iPad with us to the park. Luckily, she's gotten to the point where I am comfortable letting her go to the restroom while I wait in line or vice versa.

You can get it at guest services outside the park as well, so if you arrive early enough before rope drop then you can grab it then and not cut into park time. I'd say it was less than 10 minutes once it's your turn.

You can get it at guest services outside the park as well, so if you arrive early enough before rope drop then you can grab it then and not cut into park time. I'd say it was less than 10 minutes once it's your turn.

Really? I'd read that the GS locations outside the park were no longer issuing them.

Really? I'd read that the GS locations outside the park were no longer issuing them.

I think they only did it during the change over. I know we couldn't renew at international gateway a few days before Christmas.

We have had them come outside while we were in line and pull us to the side at HS and renew.

Unless something has changed in the last two weeks, you can get it at the windows outside of Magic Kingdom. We got ours there on Christmas Eve.

If we get to the MK early enough that morning, I can check at that GS location. If not, we'll just take care of it later in the day.

Now if I just knew whether the Mine Ride will be open or not! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter