How long is Wilderness Lodge boat ride to Magic Kingdom?

hoosierben

Earning My Ears
Title pretty much says it all. Just curious how convenient and long the boats take? Also, is there only one boat running?

Boats usually run 2 at a time. A small boat then a big boat. Round trip including waiting on dock for boat is prob 30 minutes IIRC. Bus varies as sometimes it is shared with campground.

I didn't time it (I was there a few months ago), but it was extremely short. I want to say 5 minutes, but it's probably 8 minutes. And we didn't wait long either, maybe 10 minutes. The scenary was very beautiful. I don't know how many boats were running, but probably just 1. But that might increase by the time you get there with the 50th and all. If you want to time the ride, you might be able to find an uncut youtube video so that you can time it yourself.

The boat is the best. It's a short ride from the pier to MK (less than 10 min). SOOOOO much better than the bus!

If you catch the boat and don't have to wait for it's return, the trip itself is 5-10 minutes. We love it. If you have to wait for a boat to come back, of course you have to add on that time.

Yeah it doesn't take long but best of all is that it is such a great boat ride. We love it. So relaxing and can't beat the scenery of going by the Contemporary and then seeing the MK as you pull in.

How can one best get from WL to the Monorail resorts for a tour of Christmas decor at Thanksgiving? Is the only/best route the boat to MK then monorail?

How can one best get from WL to the Monorail resorts for a tour of Christmas decor at Thanksgiving? Is the only/best route the boat to MK then monorail?
You could do that but I also think that you can take the boat to the Contemporary but I don't remember if you have to take the Fort Wilderness boat in order to do that. I'm sure someone else on here may know better. Ok I just looked something up and it says the one boat usually goes to all 3 resorts then to MK but I don't think they were doing that when we were there in April.

You could do that but I also think that you can take the boat to the Contemporary but I don't remember if you have to take the Fort Wilderness boat in order to do that. I'm sure someone else on here may know better. Ok I just looked something up and it says the one boat usually goes to all 3 resorts then to MK but I don't think they were doing that when we were there in April.
We were there in June and no boat to Contemporary from WL, only MK. Probably best to take the boat to the MK monorail (it’s right there when you exit the boat). Christmas decor tour sounds lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter