How long is V&A meal?

Reading this thread and this thread only as it relates to time it seems that eating in the Main Dining Room takes less time than eating in the Queen Victoria Room.

That might have been true a few years ago when the main dining room was a 7 course menu and the QVR was 10. They may still do a bit more personal service/time in the QVR but I think that the number of courses is now the same for both and can range from 9-12. And you still have the option of additional courses regardless of which room you're in. And if you have the wine pairings, I think they tend to give you more time in between courses so that you can finish your wine before they move on. All of which can extend the length of your meal no matter which room you're in.

Reading this thread and this thread only as it relates to time it seems that eating in the Main Dining Room takes less time than eating in the Queen Victoria Room.

We ate the 10 course in the main dining room last year and we were the last table to finish eating in the restaurant. We were definitely there at least 4 hours. We will be there again in a week and I will pay attention to how long we are there from start to finish.

We closed down the restaurant again this past weekend. Our meal lasted 5 hours. We were 4 people and did have some of the supplemental menu items which added a little more time to our meal, but there is no way we would ever spend less than 4 hours at a V & A dinner.

Just got the more detailed e-mail from V&A about our Christmas-time visit (QVR) and it specifically mentions to be aware that you should schedule 4 hours for dinner. I'm sure lots of people do it in less, but for a really leisurely meal, it's a good guideline. Initially I wasn't able to get an ADR for February but I was able to use Touring Plans search tool and it popped up with one a few days ago. Not the QVR unfortunately, but I'll take what I can get. So we'll see what they say about that one when I get the detailed e-mail closer to the time. At least I have QVR again in May!

Just got the more detailed e-mail from V&A about our Christmas-time visit (QVR) and it specifically mentions to be aware that you should schedule 4 hours for dinner. I'm sure lots of people do it in less, but for a really leisurely meal, it's a good guideline. Initially I wasn't able to get an ADR for February but I was able to use Touring Plans search tool and it popped up with one a few days ago. Not the QVR unfortunately, but I'll take what I can get. So we'll see what they say about that one when I get the detailed e-mail closer to the time. At least I have QVR again in May!

What's the difference between main dining room and QVR now that they've updated the menu? Just the more intimate setting in the QVR?

What's the difference between main dining room and QVR now that they've updated the menu? Just the more intimate setting in the QVR?

I guess I'm about to find out. We're doing QVR in December and May but was only able to get main dining room in February. It may be just a more intimate setting in QVR with more personal attention (as it's always been). Maybe there's a different menu too? Opportunity for a better wine pairing? I know that one of our trips to QVR they had two different wine pairings available - one "normal" and one special one with more limited availability (and expensive) wines. Maybe that's only available in QVR. Can't wait to find out!

I was able to change a MR dinner to a QVC reservation in January. Just what I wanted it so keep paying attention to that reservation finder.

I was able to change a MR dinner to a QVC reservation in January. Just what I wanted it so keep paying attention to that reservation finder.

Oh, I'm keeping an eye out. I actually got the MR ADR by doing just that (using Touring Plans ADR finder) as I was originally unable to get anything. But MR is better than no V&A at all!

We just got back on Saturday. We had a glorious meal. I would make an ADR every single trip if I could. It's just such a treat. Great food. Great wine. DH managed to find a couple of bottles that are hard to find, so he was thrilled.

Recap: Our ADR was 7:15 pm. V&A told us to plan for a minimum of 4 hrs. for dinner. We were in the main dining room. We dropped my son at Pixar Place between 5 and 6. His 20 yr. old brother went along for drop off. We wanted to make sure he would be able to do pick up if necessary. He could, and it was necessary:) I don't know what time we left the restaurant. I do know it was at least 11:15. All together, it was an amazing night. We loved the entire experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter