How long is to long in Orlando and the parks?

Skyliner is cool for going between hollywood and EPCOT, but thats mainly it. Also, The skyliner travels from the front of hollywood, to the back of EPCOT, and there is a stop in between where you have to changeover. It is really neat, and fun to ride, however, its not like riding the monorail. Meaning its not exactly a more efficient way to travel than the buses, especially if you want to be in the front of EPCOT.
I feel that it is way more efficient than the busses. There have been many times waiting in line for busses that we did not make it onto the first bus and had to wait for a second bus. Even at park close at EPCOT, the Skyliner is way faster to get back to Pop. It constantly moves and the line, although it looks long, moves quickly.

I feel that it is way more efficient than the busses. There have been many times waiting in line for busses that we did not make it onto the first bus and had to wait for a second bus. Even at park close at EPCOT, the Skyliner is way faster to get back to Pop. It constantly moves and the line, although it looks long, moves quickly.
I guess that I have always had "lucky" experiences with bus travel...?? This past trip was the 1st time that I have ever waited for more than 15 minutes for a bus to arrive, and that was once. You are correct. The neat thing about the monorail is that it is constantly moving and the long lines get knocked down quickly. I could definitely see it being a faster way to get from a park back to the resort. However, if you're trying to travel to the front half of EPCOT, the bus system seems faster. I don't mind the walk and I like the skyliner, but if walking distance is of any concern, the bus route is way easier. If getting to the world showcase of EPCOT is your goal, skyliner is way better. Again, I don't mind the walk, so the skyliner wins out, but you better be on your horse if you want efficiency in getting to where most of the EPCOT rides are.

I guess that I have always had "lucky" experiences with bus travel...?? This past trip was the 1st time that I have ever waited for more than 15 minutes for a bus to arrive, and that was once. You are correct. The neat thing about the monorail is that it is constantly moving and the long lines get knocked down quickly. I could definitely see it being a faster way to get from a park back to the resort. However, if you're trying to travel to the front half of EPCOT, the bus system seems faster. I don't mind the walk and I like the skyliner, but if walking distance is of any concern, the bus route is way easier. If getting to the world showcase of EPCOT is your goal, skyliner is way better. Again, I don't mind the walk, so the skyliner wins out, but you better be on your horse if you want efficiency in getting to where most of the EPCOT rides are.
Good points. I have found that unless you were in line really early at EPCOT, it took a while to actually get into the park at the front entrance once it opens. I have found that park entrance is a lot faster at the I.G. but it is a little further to walk to Soarin, our fav ride.

I keep hearing that only Magic Kingdom is worth doing a whole day which kind of surprised me but perhaps it shouldn't since everything is so spread out.
I strongly disagree with that take, unless rides are your one and only interest. The parks can be so much more than rides, though. There are live shows and great theming to enjoy (Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, World Showcase, and just in general). The parades get a bit too crowded for me most of the time, but lots of people love them (hence the crowds).

Definitely look at the lists of ALL attractions at each park before deciding this. We easily enjoy a day at each park (or equivalent of a day if park hopping), we always take two days at Magic Kingdom, and are very happy if we get two days at Epcot.

Good points. I have found that unless you were in line really early at EPCOT, it took a while to actually get into the park at the front entrance once it opens. I have found that park entrance is a lot faster at the I.G. but it is a little further to walk to Soarin, our fav ride.
I have never rope dropped EPCOT so I will take your word on the delayed entry. Definitely not hard to imagine disney having delays though! Love Soarin', great ride. It's like flight of passage light

Unless you specifically want to try the Sea World coasters, there's no need to go there since Universal also has high-thrilled coasters, but with better themes.

When was the last time you went to WDW and Universal? Guardians at Epcot is a mesmerizingly beautiful coaster. Expedition Everest at AK and Hagrid's at IOA have absolutely amazing themes. The Bourne show at Universal Studios is visually stunning.

Sea World coasters are some of the best period. You definitely want to go to sea world if you love coasters. Even more so then Universal IMO. Manta, Mako, Kraken, crazy thrills

Id go to universal strictly for Velosicoaster if you love coasters, but sea world will give you more thrill rides

Guardians is amazing. Everest is amazing. Hargrids is amazing, but those are all roller coaster lite IMO.

We are a family of six with the youngest being 19. My kids grew up going to Disneyland but two of them don't care for it anymore . . . when they got rid of Tower of Terror that was it for them, lol.
We are wanting to do a 'last' family trip before people start moving out. Originally we thought we would do Universal then it changed to Disney World and now I'm wanting to add Seaworld and Busch Gardens in Tampa. o_O Aarrrrgggg. I have one who really wants coasters and Disney World just doesn't have many. We aren't interested in Animal Kingdom but for sure want a day in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and possibly Epcot. I really want to do Seaworld and Busch for the coasters and the shows. But it would be nice to do Islands of Adventure and possibly Universal Studios although that looks like the least interesting of all parks to me. I am crazy?? I feel crazy. :crazy: We would be staying in a condo, have a rental car and looking at 9-11 days but could probably stretch to 12. I'm just wondering if it's nuts to try and do that much? Should we just do a couple more days at Disneyworld or try to fit Universal in? I kind of feel like if we've already paid airfare for everyone we should do what we can.
Only 2 coasters have been mentioned for Universal, but I think there are more that qualify. The Mummy has been changed to be more like a roller coaster IMO. There is RRR which is a big scary coaster, and the Hulk which people seem to love. There are dueling dragons at Harry Potter land. There may be more that I can't think of right now.
Hagrids is a fun coaster with lots of themeing. Also the new Velocicoaster is the King of Universal now.
Hope this helps.

A lot of it depends on personal preference and how often you go to Disney. In the past we would only go perhaps every 5 yrs since the rides/shows never changed that much. Honestly, how many times can you see that 3D Muppet movie or It's a Small World that hasn't changed in over 20 yrs? Perhaps some like to see/do the same things over and over, but to us it has become a reason to go less often. Disney theming was fun to see the first few times, but now we are more likely to vacation elsewhere for FAR less money and avoid the HUGE crowds to other places we enjoy more.

Living out of a suitcase while on vacation as others have mentioned has its limits regardless of where you go.

We frequently stay at the Fort, as that affords us a longer trip. One year, when we had annual passes, we stayed for two weeks. That was a few days too long for us, as we pretty much stayed on property. As we used our mini camper, which didn’t have a bathroom, we had to use public facilities. It was a nuisance to have to wait for showers and basically setting up and taking down shop in the showers every day. I was glad to get home that time. I think maybe 9 days at the Fort is good for us.

On the other hand, we’ve stayed at the resorts anywhere from 2 to 7 days. A 2 day trip wasn’t long enough for us, and 7 verged on too long. We’re staying 4 full days in a couple weeks, and I think (like Goldilocks) it’s going to be just right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter