How long is the tour of Jim Henson's studio?

jenm2878

<font color=blue>He's not going to claw his way ou
My DH and I were thinking of going on the Backstage Magic tour, but were wondering how long the tour of Jim Henson's studio generally is? My DH LOVES the muppets, and while the rest of the trip sounds fun, we would be going primarily so he could go on the Jim Henson tour.

When we were in Ireland, we were really looking forward to going to St. James' Gate. Unfortunately, the tour we were on only allowed 1 1/2 to experience it. We just want to make sure it's worth it before booking the Backstage Magic trip.

Thanks in advance!

My DH and I were thinking of going on the Backstage Magic tour, but were wondering how long the tour of Jim Henson's studio generally is? My DH LOVES the muppets, and while the rest of the trip sounds fun, we would be going primarily so he could go on the Jim Henson tour.

When we were in Ireland, we were really looking forward to going to St. James' Gate. Unfortunately, the tour we were on only allowed 1 1/2 to experience it. We just want to make sure it's worth it before booking the Backstage Magic trip.

Thanks in advance!

I honestly don't remember how long the tour was, but that is where lunch was that day and it really was a great tour.

The Henson Studio tour is the first day and probably takes about 2 hours, with lunch. It was an absolutely excellent tour! The puppeteer who spoke with us, Grant, was awesome, thorough, and he even looked up an answer to one of my questions and got back to me before the tour ended. (He also hosts the Henson Podcasts if you want to check that out.)

That day starts at 8AM and also includes breakfast at the Soda Fountain, tour of El Capitan Theater,tour of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, (then the Henson tour) , and then a trip to Carolwood Barn. We were back at the hotel (and had the rest of the evening to ourselves) by 330PM. So, we visited 5 places (plus a lunch stop & driving) in about 7 to 8 hours, if that gives you any idea.

It really is an excellent adventure, overall. It's the only way to see the Henson Studios that I know of, so that might make it worth it. (And don't forget about Disneyland's CA Muppetvision 3-D!)

The Jim Henson tour turned my DD (age 10 at the time) into a huge Muppets fan. I can imagine it would be an awesome experience for a die-hard fan.

You probably already know this, but I wanted to emphasize that they keep you on a tight leash while you're there. (As is the case during every studio tour in the world, I imagine.) You can't explore the grounds on your own.

You see a short (and hilarious, I might add) video introduction to the studios before meeting a Muppeteer, visiting a soundstage and a computer animation building. You get to see Jim Henson's office, too.

The outdoor lunch was great, and some Henson employees were eating on benches nearby. Some had their dogs with them!

Jim Henson was one of my highlights! I so loved being there. It was a couple of hours both tours for me. And, it was where lunch is served. But, be open to changes. My first tour and my second tour, there, had differences. Both were wonderful!

Take the tour! There is so much to experience! :goodvibes

I was with JackSparrowFan on the last tour!

I love the JH tour. I grew up on the muppets. Like Jack said, be open to changes. I think that was my downfall overall as I read too much. Jack kept reminding me of that ;)

PS - Be clear about your lunch request. Many of us received the wrong order and for some it was a diet restriction reason that they needed the correct request. It's only a VERY small kitchen so they have a tough time with such a large group.

It was well worth it..we got to go through the office area, the puppeter was great and being in the place where they make the puppets was amazing..we looked in the commisary and saw a soundstage and a producer guy was just checking out the soundstage when we were there and asked who we were with then told us some stories, and the outside of the building where they recorded the original We Are The World. Lunch was served outside under tents and was WONDERFUL..excellent food and the puppeteer hung around with us so we could get pictures and stuff. Great part of a great day. We didn't get back until pretty late..had ice cream at the soda shoppe and by then it was close to 5:00 ..was too popped to make the Kimmel taping.

I was with JackSparrowFan on the last tour!

I love the JH tour. I grew up on the muppets. Like Jack said, be open to changes. I think that was my downfall overall as I read too much. Jack kept reminding me of that ;)

PS - Be clear about your lunch request. Many of us received the wrong order and for some it was a diet restriction reason that they needed the correct request. It's only a VERY small kitchen so they have a tough time with such a large group.

Hi friend! :) I'm sorry to read about so many receiving a wrong order. :eek: Wow! On a small note, I was happy where they moved the lunch tent. I liked that location better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter