How long is it taking to get room-only deposits returned?

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Is it happening fairly quickly, or is it taking forever like DCL? Can anyone with recent experience chime in? I have a few reservations this summer I'm planning to cancel and I'm wondering when I'll see the refund hit.

Thanks.

Mine have only taken a couple days to hit my card. I had one canceled in March and one in May.

Mine have also only taken several days. I had two book for June and July that I canceled mid April. Both were returned quickly.

I know it's a different system but my package reservations were refunded within a day or two when I cancelled them?

I had a room-only for April and the money was returned to my cc very quickly, maybe two or three days.

We cancelled two RO reservations last week and it took just shy of a week for the refunds to process to our card.

I cancelled two rooms for end of June on Monday and I haven't seen the refund on my Disney visa yet. When I cancelled my room for Star Wars weekend it credited in about a week.

I cancelled my room only Wednesday. Never received a cancellation confirmation email and still haven’t gotten my refund yet either. Will be watching here too.

Getting back your deposit quickly is more on your bank than Disney. I’ve had two reservations deposited with two different cards and cancelled on the same day before. The one on my Wells Fargo card came back to me in three business days. The one on my husband’s Capital One card took a week to refund. They were both cancelled during the same phone call.

Got ours back in less than a week. Now if we can just find someplace to go that will allow to travel

We have CL room-only reservations for a split stay in late July (resort-only vacation)

We've recieved no update emails in a about 2 weeks. Should we be receiving something soon?

We have CL room-only reservations for a split stay in late July (resort-only vacation)

We've recieved no update emails in a about 2 weeks. Should we be receiving something soon?

I think right now I've only seen reports of correspondence of people who have reservations after the DVC resorts open and before the parks open. So I'm not sure if they're that far into July yet.

I cancelled my room only Wednesday. Never received a cancellation confirmation email and still haven’t gotten my refund yet either. Will be watching here too.

Jess, I cancelled mine on Friday. My Cast Member told me that I would not get an email on the cancellation because it was room only and they don't send them out and to use the reservation number as the cancel number in case I have to call back. Mine was room only.

Ooooh almost forgot, still waiting on refund but it's only 2 days.

I cancelled on June 4 and received the refund on my credit card yesterday, June 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter