• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long have you had your telephone number(s)?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My wife just got a voice mail from someone she had not talked to since grade school and it occurred to me that she has had this same phone number for 42 years. It was her parents home phone when they moved to the Atlanta area. We bought their house at one point and took the number with us when we moved since despite moving three times we never moved outside of the same phone company central office service area. Years ago we ported it to a voip provider and since have ported it to Google Voice but we still maintain control of the number and can place or receive calls using the number.

We have had the same cell phone numbers for a comparatively short 18 years.

27 years for the landline - and still a landline. Cell phone numbers are since the antenna were push-up/down AT&T branded — around 20 years.

30+ years for land land (still have it). Hubby's cell - 5 years (he was late to the cell phone game). Mine - 2 years as I upgraded from a basic flip phone to smart phone then. The flip phone number I had for 16 years.

I got my current phone number in 1983 when I moved to my current town. It was a landline until about 2014 or so when I moved it to a cell.
So let's see- same number for 36 years so far.

Landline going on 25 years, cell (which is a company phone) 14 years.

I don't know how long my mom had the landline but it was for a decent time. She got rid of that a while ago.

I've had my cell for about 13 years. We do not have landline phone line in our present home.

I got my current phone number in 1983 when I moved to my current town. It was a landline until about 2014 or so when I moved it to a cell.
So let's see- same number for 36 years so far.
Landline 43 years (still have it). Cellphones 21 years. Hmmm, maybe we should move our landline number to one of our cells. Thanks. Didn't know it was possible.

Landline has been the same number for at least 30 years. Cell phone # has been the same for the last 10

Landline 43 years (still have it). Cellphones 21 years. Hmmm, maybe we should move our landline number to one of our cells. Thanks. Didn't know it was possible.

Yes, it was a law that you could port your number to a cell when I did it. I assume it can still be done.

My mom has had her landline for 40 years.
I've had my cell number for 14 1/2 years.

Was issued a company cell phone in the summer of 1998, I still have that number. 21+ years, the phone and company are long gone though

The landline since 1981, waaaay before I moved into the house. I've only had my new cell since the Summer.

Landline 36 years, still our primary phone.
Cell phone 31 years, my number starts with the second prefix set aside for cell phones in my area code. Verizon folks always comment on that, last time the salesman admitted he wasn't alive when I got my number.
My wife has had her cell phone number 28 years.
My mom had her landline number for 53 years until she passed.

Current cell number since early 2007.

Parents had the same landline for over 40 years.

The business my grandfather started has had the same number for over 80 years now. It started as a two letter-four number combination. Then another number was added before the dash. WO-6083 changed to WO 4-6083 sometime in the 1940's. (The exchange name was WOodlawn.) The letters were changed to 96 in the early 70's, but many people continued to state their numbers using the two letter prefix for years afterward.

no land line.......cell a couple of years before we moved here, when we knew we would be, so we got a local number
about 11 years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter