• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Long Does it Take?

I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks
I usually get up an hour and a half to get out the door. I shower the night before, but still need to do my makeup, throw my hair up, do youngest dds hair and get all 3 kids moving. No one eats in the room on park days...kids eat on the way to the bus and while waiting.

This is with everything prepped the night before (I hate doing it every night, but it definitely makes our mornings go smoother.) I have our clothes ready, park bag, magic bands, snacks etc all packed, so all I have to do really is grab the cameras off the chargers in the am.

Last edited:
I get up about 90 minutes before everyone else, drink my coffee and scroll on phone for a while, then I wake everyone up about an hour before I want to leave. We all shower the night before otherwise it’d take five years to get all 7 of us out the door. We eat quickly in room and go. Luckily I’m WDW everyone seems to wake up excited to get to the park so we get ready quick

This! I am shocked at how many shower in the morning unless maybe they do both? One to clean up before bed and one to wake up? I hope so!

I really can not sleep after sweating all day. No matter how much I cool off, I still feel clammy and gross. Especially with the added sunblock. I know there are plenty of people who can, more power to them. The other factor is that filth actually rubs off onto your PJs or bed sheets. That might explain why some want their sheets changed daily. 🤷‍♀️ I also think it is a lifestyle thing. We don't bring the outside into the inside. Even at home, we take our shoes/coats off at the door and immediately wash our hands before going further into the house. We shower in the evenings at home too, just to wash off the day's germs. I have read that you really should do that for your health. Maybe that is why we are hardly ever sick.

45 min tops was our goal when there were 5 of us... We were typically real close if not less than 45min.

I can be ready in 15 easy. Shower, dress, etc.. Grab a water, snack and out the door...

I'd say about a little over an hour. Get ready, eat a quick breakfast and take care of some health care needs. That is for three adults though, no young children.

My daughter, husband and myself could be out the door in 10 minutes. We shower at night, lay out our clothes. Brush teeth, brush hair, get dressed. My youngest, moves at a snail's pace and has never been a morning person, so he slows us down. He's also the only one who wants breakfast first thing. He gets a pop tart somewhere along the way.

About 75 to 90 minutes. I need to run 4 to 6 miles and then shower, dress, and grab a protein bar before heading to the parks. DH sometimes walks but other times just has coffee, breakfast, and watches TV for a bit. Showers necessary both night (after park days) and morning (after running.)

Last edited:
I really can not sleep after sweating all day. No matter how much I cool off, I still feel clammy and gross. Especially with the added sunblock. I know there are plenty of people who can, more power to them. The other factor is that filth actually rubs off onto your PJs or bed sheets. That might explain why some want their sheets changed daily. 🤷‍♀️ I also think it is a lifestyle thing. We don't bring the outside into the inside. Even at home, we take our shoes/coats off at the door and immediately wash our hands before going further into the house. We shower in the evenings at home too, just to wash off the day's germs. I have read that you really should do that for your health. Maybe that is why we are hardly ever sick.

I couldn't agree more with every single thing you say and we do it all the same! There is no way I can get in bed at nights after a whole day at theme parks! BLECH!

Yup, we shower every night, and every morning. Wouldn't do it any other way.
Exactly. We do the kids baths at night and also shower ourselves, but in the morning, DH and I still have a shower. I'd feel gross leaving without a shower--hair gets all messed up from sleeping on it, I'd worry I was smelly from sweat buildup overnight, etc.

We're pretty quick at getting ready though when we rope drop! I take about 30 mins to shower, brush teeth, do hair, clothes and makeup, and pack the park bag. Then another 15 mins to get the kids ready. Then we head straight to the parks transportation waiting (e.g., boat/bus stop) and apply our sunscreen there while waiting for bus/boat. Breakfast is usually a quick bite at the parks from starbucks or some similar grab and go type spot, either from the hotel QS on the way to the bus stop that we pack in our bag and eat while waiting at rope drop, or at the parks after the first few rides.

If we're not rope dropping a park (e.g., Epcot day) we'll either schedule an ADR for breakfast or do a quick service breakfast followed by a swim at the pool. Usually rope drop though.

We are less than 45 minutes. What helps is that I tell my family, we need to be out the door by X time. What time do you want me to wake you up? That gets their buy-in so I'm not the meany-head making them get up in the morning. That includes eating breakfast in the room. I can't imagine staying someplace without a microwave in the room. Sometimes DD will sleep in her clothes for the next day. We also prep our park bags the night before.

20 minutes to dress and get out the door ... so we'll get up 30 minutes ahead of time just to be safe.

- We shower at night.
- We lay out our clothes /prep our bags the night before.
- My hair's short now, so it doesn't take much effort.
- My make-up routine is very short.
- We eat a quick snack before leaving the room but not a full breakfast.
This is with everything prepped the night before (I hate doing it every night, but it definitely makes our mornings go smoother.) I have our clothes ready, park bag, magic bands, snacks etc all packed, so all I have to do really is grab the cameras off the chargers in the am.
Yeah ... our "family rule", which my husband invented years ago, is that since we all wear a hat to the parks, we line up our hats (upside down) on the dresser the night before and lay our stuff inside the hats. So for me, that's a snack-sized ziplock with tickets, credit card and cash, sunglasses, phone, etc. If I'm taking a small bag with snacks, etc., it'll be laid right next to the hat. My husband'll have the car keys in his hat.

This assures that we don't rush back to the room because we forgot the tickets, and we don't have to pay $$$ in the parks for sunscreen.

Last edited:
This! I am shocked at how many shower in the morning unless maybe they do both? One to clean up before bed and one to wake up? I hope so!

I take baths at night and shower in the morning…baths are my relaxation/self-care ritual at home and it’s how I unwind after a day in the parks. I also shower when we come back for our midday breaks too, which is one reason I always insist on them. I could never tolerate being sweaty and gross in the parks all day long.

Rope drop always takes an hour whether I’m solo or with my partner, between hair and makeup. Slightly less if I’m wearing a protective style for my hair. My partner doesn’t do makeup for the most part and on the occasions when she does, it’s not nearly as much as I do, but she takes just as long to get ready because she has cystic fibrosis and needs to do her morning nebulizer treatment.

For myself, I take an hour to get ready from getting up until out the door. I don't go during the summer anymore, so I don't worry about excess sweating. (Which means I do my makeup and hair.) We are not breakfast people, so that does not factor in to the timing for us.

I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks
Me? I can be up and out in a matter of minutes. My wife and kids? About 11 hours and 59 minutes is what it feels like.

We don't do breakfast, and if we do, it's simple stuff in the room.

Gosh.

If we need to be at bus stop by 7:15 - then I'd say I'd have to wake up at 6 at the latest. Most of that will be me being a zombie and drinking coffee at the foot of the bed while staring at the tv. :D

Quick shower. My hair is naturally curly so I just wet it if I don't wash (I don't wash curly hair every day), use product and normally go out the door with it damp and let it air dry on the way to park. I just put on sunscreen on my face, a little blush, mascara and lip gloss. That all takes maybe 25 minutes.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a great mascara that stays on even in the rain, sweating, whatever -
L'Oreal Paris Makeup Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lengthening 2 Step Mascara.
Little "tubes" of mascara form on your lashes and they slide off when you rub gently with warm water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter