How long does it take these days to get your bags at Pearson?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has flown into Pearson and checked in your bags recently (e.g. March 2023) - how long has it taken to get your luggage?

We came back from Mexico a few weeks ago and I didn’t notice it taking longer. Felt like an average Pearson amount. I was more shocked we actually got our luggage.

We came back from Mexico a few weeks ago and I didn’t notice it taking longer. Felt like an average Pearson amount. I was more shocked we actually got our luggage.

I've been doing just carry ons the past year to avoid the wait, so I don't even know what an average Pearson amount is anymore lol.

How long (approximately) did you have to wait to get your bags?

I had to unfortunately stay overnight in Toronto thanks to Westjet in March…and it was like 40 minutes …granted, it was probably less than that, but they told us the wrong baggage claim, and it wasn’t until I heard someone saying Orlando who was re-directing people to the correct one, that I then noticed my bag on that one. I can see why so many end up missing out on luggage.

…on the flip side, when I got home to Edmonton via Calgary, it was a mere 10 minutes 😂 (as in from the time we got to the gate…to when my bag was on the baggage claim, was all of 10 minutes)

I've been doing just carry ons the past year to avoid the wait, so I don't even know what an average Pearson amount is anymore lol.

How long (approximately) did you have to wait to get your bags?
Ooof, I have no idea. Maybe 20 min? My partner went to the carousel to get the luggage and I found some chairs to wait with the kids. It wasn’t long enough for them to get whiny about waiting. I hope this vague answer helps.

March 4th, by the time we got through the customs bit and to the luggage area the luggage was already coming off. It took about 5 minutes. Having said that, due to flight delays we didn't get into Toronto until 1 AM and there weren't that many flights flying in. I'm sure at that hour they aren't as busy.

Answers are going to vary. You can be from gate to curb in 40 minutes or in can be 2 hours. It can depend on what time of day, day of the week, customs or even the terminal. I've travelled a fair bit in the last year and would say that it's no different than it has ever been. My last trip flying in to YYZ in February, the bags took about 20 minutes from the time we arrived at the carousel. My DD has been back and forth several times to the US over the last few months her experience has been 20-40 minutes waiting at the carousel.

We came back from Tampa last Friday and we were through customs , bags picked up and out of value parking garage in 50 minutes and that included dropping my daughter off at the Alt hotel loading the car , and then going back into the train station to connect to WIFI as I did not load the bar code on my prepaid parking reservation to get out of the parking lot.

Last Sunday we got off Lynx flight and actually had to walk down a ramp to a bus. It was so 40-years-ago! Luckily we got on the first bus and it was a quick trip to the terminal, very quick trip through customs and by the time we got to the carrousel our bags were coming off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter