How long does it really take to get to Disney resorts and parks?

swissfamilytreehouse

Earning My Ears
From what I've read, it seems like people leave super early for the parks even though according to Google Maps the distances aren't too far from where I see they are staying. I don't know how congested things get and taking into account things like parking in massive lots, walking to a resort from there, etc.

We are staying in Kissimmee off the 192. According to Google maps it's 9.6 miles to Animal Kingdom Lodge (dinner one night there), and 11.2 miles to Magic Kingdom. It says around 20 minutes for each of these - is that accurate, or do we need to allot a lot more time?

Google Maps is pretty close. For MK though, you have to factor in "parking lot to ferry/monorail, then to MK. For MK, plan on 30-40 minutes. For AKL, plan for about 15 minutes.

Arrival to destination and being in park are two different things. If you are going at park opening, you will often find lines at the toll booths to get in the parking lot.

As PP states MK is more involved. You will sit at toll, then follow the CMs to your parking spot, walk to tram, ride tram, go through security, walk to ferry or monorail, wait for them, travel time, walk to the turnstyles.

AK, DHS, Epcot will also have the toll lines, direction to parking spot, tram, walking, security etc.

Many folks want to walk through the gates at official opening, and to do that they need to build in all the extra travel & security time. Just depends on your plans.

All of the major mapping websites let you enter times (like arrive by 8:15am) when planning a trip. They will factor in historical data on traffic to provide a route and time estimate.

US Route 192 tends to get pretty busy in the morning. Lots of locals use that road to get to work.

If we leave Bonnet Creek at 8am we are inside Disney/Epcot by 9am. Takes more time for these parks since you have to go through the transportation hub.

It a good 20 minutes faster going to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

Epcot from WBC is 1 left turn and 2 rights and no hubs. It is only about 7-10 minutes tops to get to Epcot from WBC. If you go right on Buena Vista Dr, it is shorter and a few more left turns.

We always stay right along Rt. 192 as well. It depends where on 192 you are...it's a long road. If you're relatively close, as HopperFan said, getting to the parking lot and getting into the park itself are two different things. We can leave our condo and be in the parking lot for all 4 parks in roughly 15 minutes, maybe 20 on a busy day. But then getting into the front gate adds 10-20 minutes for AK, HS, Epcot and 20-30 for MK.

Reminder Reminder No matter Which Park you are attending And you are driving there

REMBER to note where you have " Parked Your Car " ....

Look for Markers Letters & One of your party ( All ) & Write the number down .

As stated above depends on a lot of different factors. But I have timed leaving our driveway at Windsor Hills to parking at the TTC at 12 minutes. Staying off site can be quicker than staying on...it all just depends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter