How long do you spend at a TS rest?

Alisha's mom Sarah

Mouseketeer
I am just wondering on average how long you spend eating Lunch or Dinner at a TS rest. And is the experience different at Buffets vs true TS?

I'm trying to decide how long to allow for meals..I know everyone is different but I'm just thinking averages..

I am interested in what others have to say about this as well...

During our last trip, we underestimated the amount of time we needed for meals. This time around, I am going to "block out" 3 hours for TS meals and 2 hours for buffets.

This will include arriving a few minutes before our ADR time, waiting for the table and eating time.

We're usually done in an hour or so.
Of course it depends on the waiters/waitresses because sometimes they can be a little slower and cause hold-ups. But, if we have a server who is on top of their game we can usually be out in an hour. Maybe an hour and 10 minutes. Buffets usually always take us an hour even because there's not much waiting on the server and you just get your own food and you're done. We try to get out as quick as possible to enjoy the park, but that doesn't mean we shovel food down our throats like savage animals. We enjoy our food, but try not to linger.

Buffets take as long as table service if there are characters or a show(Biergarten). Ninety minutes is about right except for Le Celliere which just seems to take forever.

DH and I went on a trip in Feb without the kids. We were at Coral Reef for almost two hours (no, the service was not slow!), California Grill about 2-1/2 hours or so, but Boma (buffet) we were out in an hour and we were stuffed! We also ate dinner at Teppanyaki, but I don'tremember how long it took.

I found this definitely depends on the restuarant. We ate at 50's Prime Time at MGM for dinner and we were there a good 2.5 hours! Service was so slow! I felt like they were probably overbooked. Character meals were generally 1.5 to 2 hours if you wanted to see all of the characters. Our quickest and best table service meal was a dinner at Ohana's. It was perfect - in and out in about an hour.

About 90 minutes for a TS meal, less for a buffet.

This is about how long it generally takes our family to eat. If we are eating at a finer dining establishment, like CG or Jiko, and having multiple courses it may take us over 2 hours.

About an hour or less when we were there for free dining last year. We were only two adults and they were busy so they were moving people in and out rather fast. The only restaurant we really took our time on was the Brown Derby which took about 2 hours or so.

We were right around 90 minutes. Be sure to give your waiter your card around dessert time. This seemed to speed things up quite a bit. You can blow 20 minutes waiting for you card to come back.

Depending on which buffet it is usually a good 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Depending on which sitdown..a good 2 to 3 hours at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter