How long do people usually keep up Halloween decorations?

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We will be going to FW to see Hoop De Doo on November 2. Will most folks still have their Halloween decorations up most likely? I'm trying to plan out the day and was wondering if we should leave extra time to wander around and check out decorations.

On a related note, I was thinking about possibly renting a golf cart for that purpose (especially since we will have done the RunDisney race that morning). I've never rented one (except a hundred years ago when I stayed at FW). Do they typically have carts available for walk up guests of should I make a reservation? Do you think it's worth renting one if we want to explore a fair amount?

If we do rent one, how does that work exactly? Would we get it when we get there before HDD or could we wait until after the show to get it? I don't know how the whole process works and where there is to park them if you aren't staying there.

Thanks for any tips or advice.

Yes, the decorations will still be up, i've seen them up the first 2 weeks of November.

If you want a golf cart, during Halloween, you have to call in advance and rent one, this late in the year, you may have to keep checking to see if anyone cancels, they are most likely all rented out now. You pick it up when you check in. There are off site rentals as an option also, just do a search for Kenny's T Time

I'll offer a different opinion.

Granted, last year was my only trip to the Fort for Halloween but I was surprised at how fast the Halloween decorations came down after 10/31 and the trick or treating (and I said so in the monthly trip report we had going).

Lots of folks come into the Fort for Halloween only and then leave/check out on Nov 1. I mean LOTS (of course if that falls on a weekend they might stay longer). But I wanted to take pix of some of the bigger setups that were in the judging contests and I got the last ones on Nov 1 and it was a good thing I did.

By Nov 2 there will still be some Halloween decorations still up but there will be a lot that will have already come down.

Make a golf cart reservation IMO.

Bama Ed

I should ask.... we’re coming in October 27th and leaving November 11th. We currently have a camper full of Halloween decorations, which we are planning to put up when we arrive. Will we be considered Minnesota rednecks if we leave them up 10 days past Halloween? My husband would literally have a cow if I tried to also bring Christmas decorations down and told him we needed to switch halfway thru :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Will we be considered Minnesota rednecks if we leave them up 10 days past Halloween?

@serenitygr We will be coming in on Saturday the 27th and plan on putting our decorations up then. We don't have a lot but enough. We leave out on November 9th. Ours will probably stay up until the night of the 8th and I'm ok with that. Can the Fort handle Kentucky and Minnesota rednecks :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 This will be our 2nd Halloween at the Fort and our 3rd October Fort trip and we really enjoy this time so we are going to get as much out of the time as we can. We were in 1400 loop last year. Came by your site a few times but the lights were out.

Steve

@serenitygr We will be coming in on Saturday the 27th and plan on putting our decorations up then. We don't have a lot but enough. We leave out on November 9th. Ours will probably stay up until the night of the 8th and I'm ok with that. Can the Fort handle Kentucky and Minnesota rednecks :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 This will be our 2nd Halloween at the Fort and our 3rd October Fort trip and we really enjoy this time so we are going to get as much out of the time as we can. We were in 1400 loop last year. Came by your site a few times but the lights were out.

Steve

Hi Steve! Sorry we missed you last time! Awesome we’ll be there the same time again this year! We’re going to do our best to get a site in the 1400 loop again- close to where we were. We’ll have to plan a get together this time- maybe sit and have a cup of coffee together :coffee:

Our trip this year will be more relaxed: one day at Discovery Cove, and the two parties at Magic Kingdom, so we should have lots of visiting time...

Are you guys doing the Halloween party at MK? I can’t remember if you said or not :goodvibes

We're not doing the Halloween party. We did the party a couple of times when the kids were younger. They were a lot of fun but now we use the party time as part of our "at the Fort" time. With it being just Teresa and I, we like to sit on the beach and watch the Hallowishes fireworks.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter