How long did your daughter use a twin bed?

I went from a crib to a twin canopy bed. We built a new house when I was 9, and everyone upgraded to waterbeds. My parents bought a king, and I got a super single (longer than even a regular queen, wider than a twin but slightly narrower than a full). I kept that until I got married and bought a queen waterbed.

Our son went from his crib to a twin until about two years ago. He was about 9 when we bought his current bedroom set, which is a queen. Only reason is because we got a GREAT deal from a friend that was relocating to another state.

I don't have kids but I slept in a twin until my junior year of college when I moved into an apartment.

I slept in a twin bed until junior year of college. And for the last few years, it was even a loft bed. Which broke so that the ladder didn't stay on it, which meant to get into bed I had to step up onto a large bin I kept, and then jump and pull myself on. :headache: I got tired of that, so we finally moved the full from the unused guest room and replaced it.

Still ended up with twin space though, because our 60lb boxer mix started sleeping with me :rotfl:

I had a twin all the way through undergrad and most of grad school, including when I was in an apartment with my then fiance...it was a bit tight.

Well, let's see, my daughter is going off to college in three weeks and slept in a twin bed her whole life. Her dorm has a twin XL.

My son will do the same.

My first full bed was when I moved in with my wife Junior year of college.

Er... and what does gender have to do with the question?

:confused3

Girls tend to be shorter/smaller?

My DD21 bought herself a double when she moved out to an apartment for the summer, but she'll be bringing it home with her when she moves back in the fall. We are contemplating getting my DD14 a queen right now because of a great sale at the moment. (DD21's room is long and narrow so a queen would be too wide for it. The queens are cheaper than doubles at Sears at the moment)

M.

I've had a twin sized bed since I moved out of a cot. I could fit a double bed in here, but at the expense of floor space and room for other furniture!

My daughters went from twin to double beds when they were tweens/young teens. About the time the twin mattresses were getting worn and showing their age. Don't remember whose we replaced first, but they were both upgraded within a year or so of each other.

I had a twin bed until I got into high school. My grandma got me a queen size bed for Christmas my freshman year. I'm pretty tall, so the twin was no longer comfortable by then.

My girls both only had twin beds while they lived at home. Never considered getting them fulls.

I slept in a twin bed until I went off to college. And since I was used to sleeping in a small bed, I didn't even need a guard rail for my loft bed (which I mention because my boyfriend grew up with a full bed in his room and admitted that he had to add the guard rail to his college loft after he fell onto the ceramic tile twice in his sleep... even then, he would wake up hugging the guard rail). To this day, I hardly move in my sleep. But I don't know if that's because I grew up in a twin bed or rather because I'm not a restless sleeper.

I've been sleeping in a queen-sized bed for as long as I can remember. I sleep in a twin bed while I'm away at college, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter