How long before you feel it is safe to go back to WDW?

How long before you feel safe returning to WDW parks and resorts?

• 3 months

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • 6 months

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • A year

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Never

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

anniet

DIS Veteran
Even if Disney opens up in April as currently planned, I would imagine there are many who will pass until they feel more comfortable with the situation with the virus. I'm curious to know how long will it be before you feel safe heading back to the resorts and parks with your family?

I think you are going to see a wide variety in responses depending on people's immune systems. I for one am not all that nervous about catching this virus. I know there is a chance it could make me really sick, but not a great one. I am quarantining, though, out of respect for others. If the CDC and Disney deem it safe enough to be open in 3 months, it would be a great time for me to go, as the lines will be that much shorter.
Anyone who is at greater risk of dying when they contract this, though, should obviously be a little more cautious in their approach, and may have to wait a year or so.

I don't think they will open Disney World or Disneyland in April. Tokyo Disneyland isn't even open yet - just the downtown area and resorts. I hate to say this but I think come summer they won't even be opened. I'm guessing September. Anyone agree with this?

I don't think they will open by April.

But, whenever they feel ready to open (which I believe they will do based on CDC guidance), I would feel ready to go! :D

We are booked for spring next year, so we aren't going before then, but if we could we would.

I have a trip booked for November - who knows what will happen, but at this point I'm cautiously optimistic it will happen. I'm low risk though.

Now the Food & Wine half marathon - I have a feeling that will be cancelled. I'm still going to train though. Maybe it will keep my lungs strong?

Even if you think you're low-risk and have zero symptoms, you could be a carrier--and you'd have no way of knowing. This is one of the lousy things about this coronavirus.

I wouldn't feel comfortable going anywhere where there are crowds until the coronavirus situation is well under control. When will that be? No one really knows, so any answer here is pure speculation.

I think we may see partial openings in 60-90 days, following a similar curve as China. Restaurants and resorts, not parks. I think in 6 months we will see park openings but there will be a lot of things not fully functional Im sure. Disney will have to do it for the business IF the government allows.

Sadly whats most likely to happen is a pull back of the virus over the summer months. Do to a number of factors, not just warm weather. And I think we will have normalcy for a month or two. But when fall flu season hits Im guessing we will have to go into quarantine-mode again as it will ramp up again. Im guessing that will be our new reality until a vaccine is released.

I was supposed to go April 8-13. Nothing is canceled yet, but I know it is coming. I am just waiting my turn in line as there's no need to keep flooding them when it is weeks away.

My guess would be they will reopen in August. Would I go then? I'd love to say yes, but I have to see how this is all going to play out.

Sadly whats most likely to happen is a pull back of the virus over the summer months. Do to a number of factors, not just warm weather. And I think we will have normalcy for a month or two. But when fall flu season hits Im guessing we will have to go into quarantine-mode again as it will ramp up again. Im guessing that will be our new reality until a vaccine is released.

Actually, :) some good news on that. Dr. Fauci explained that if virus behaves like other viruses (which he expects will happen) that the wave next fall will be more moderate in nature due to people already exposed to disease building a natural immunity where either they won't get again or it will be much more mild.

I don't think they will open Disney World or Disneyland in April. Tokyo Disneyland isn't even open yet - just the downtown area and resorts. I hate to say this but I think come summer they won't even be opened. I'm guessing September. Anyone agree with this?

I don’t agree with September. If everything is still closed in September then Disney and everyone else’s problem will be finding enough people who still have money left to buy anything.

The problem with WDW is that it’s in FL and FL isn’t taking all the shutdown measures it needs. That’s going to likely create a situation where cases spike and make it an undesirable travel destination longer than other areas of the country.

I rescheduled my May trip to August already but...I don’t know. We’ll see.

People who think WDW is closing for 3 months or more need to realize that Disney can't magically absorb that revenue loss. If or when they re-open after 3 months, I am willing to bet that they close one or two of the parks possibly permanently. Or at least for 2-3 years. My guess is they keep Epcot and Animal Kingdom closed and try to just get MK and DHS back to capacity. Disney will be focusing on their media content businesses. Parks will be the sacrificial lamb.

Still planning to leave for Universal Orlando on 10/14.

WDW on 12/8.

If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen. They’re not going away...

People who think WDW is closing for 3 months or more need to realize that Disney can't magically absorb that revenue loss. If or when they re-open after 3 months, I am willing to bet that they close one or two of the parks possibly permanently. Or at least for 2-3 years. My guess is they keep Epcot and Animal Kingdom closed and try to just get MK and DHS back to capacity. Disney will be focusing on their media content businesses. Parks will be the sacrificial lamb.

Then that would change my answer.

If AK and Epcot are closed we won't go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter