How long are you willing to wait?

About 20 minutes is all we are willing to wait. We just work the fast pass system so we usually get right on rides.

20 - 30 min max - the only time we've broken that rule was to ride FOP last summer. We could not get a FP and really wanted to ride it, so we waited about an hour and a half - it was worth it!

I'll do 60 minutes without even thinking, waiting in lines just chatting with DW isn't the end of the world for me. Longest I've ever done was last trip, 3 hours underground for Kong Skull Island - the ride kept breaking down. I think if DW hadn't been in a wheelchair after ankle surgery we wouldn't have waited that long but with her sitting down and me not caring too much we decided to just wait it out.

20 minutes is my limit for most rides. Very few rides get 30 minutes. I plan on doing FOP 2-3 times with FP+ and getting in line one night right before park close so we can see the queue. I know it'll most likely be more than 30 minutes but I want to see the queue at least once.

We go for 9 nights and have 8 day hoppers. We usually bang out Wishes/HEA the first night so our other evenings in MK we can ride rides while everyone else is watching the fireworks. This cuts down on waits a lot. Same with Illuminations although with Epcot lines can still be a bit longer than lines at MK.

We also do AM park, midday break at the pool and PM park and our FP+ is usually at our PM park. I'm switching this up next trip with some AM park FP, PM park FP+ and sleep in and start at noon FP+ days. I plan on pulling additional FP+ most days to cut down on waits.

45 min. - an hour is well within reason for us.

The FP era has certain cultivated the "20 minutes and under, ride it once for the day" mentality, but I pre-date that (back in my day, if you wanted to ride Splash Mtn., you waited 2 hours...now get off my lawn!) and we go to the parks for rides and rides ... and more rides. We've done a solid 18 hours in a park. When the FP run out and the park is open for another 8, 10, 12 hours, we'll start lining up to get in as many rides on BTMRR, Splash Mountain, EE, RNRC, ToT, etc. that we can.

Last edited:
Usually 30-40 minutes is max.
However we broke rule that last year to ride FoP and waited 90 minutes. the que had enough stuff to look at, that the wait wasn't bad. But wouldn't wait that long again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter