• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how long are you willing to stand in a line?

An hour, generally. We don't have kids yet, though. Although we waited in line for hours when I was a kid (pre-FP Kilimanjaro Safaris. Not fun).
When I went to Universal with my dad we waited for the two big Harry Potter rides. They had posted wait times of three hours but I think the longest we waited was an hour and a half.

Depends on the ride and my plans for the day. Being an avid comic book convention goer, lines don't really bother me. I've waited many, many hours in lines at comic book conventions, so I'm really not opposed to waiting in a line, it just depends on circumstance.

We go during lower crowd times. We don't usually get in a line for a ride with a posted wait over 20 minutes - -which is not to say that we haven't ever waited more than 20 minutes. Low crowd, rope drop, FP and a touring plan means I can generally keep us busy the whole day and avoid the long lines.

Of course, for shows or parades we have certainly lined-up more than 20 minutes early.

We also usually wait more than 20 minutes for rope-drop - -but at least I can tell my kids "this is the longest you will wait today"

20-30 minutes for us, and often less. We are fortunate to be able to go twice a year usually. What this allows us is to plan around long waits, and know that on our next trip we can make that attraction a priority. We have made trips where we did not ride Toy Story, Soarin', Test Track, etc. Just make sure to experience it the next time with either FP+ or rope drop.

In general, I try not to get us into any line longer than 20 minutes. I'll do 30 minutes on occasion, but I am generally not happy about it lol. ONE time I did 45 minutes in a line, so DD could meet the fairies. NEVER again!

20min is our typical max time.

Under certain circumstances we may bump that as high as 45min (eg it's pouring rain, line is indoors, and we can't think of something better to do at that moment!).

Longest I've waited as an adult was over 60min for Dumbo back in the day, with friends of DH who appeared allergic to planning ahead. Let's just say we split up a lot on that trip... ;)

20 is definitely the upper limit of getting in the line for us. In ~9 trips, the longest we have ever waited was 40' on TT when we got in a 20' wait and it was down for a while.
With FP and rope drop, we have never had longer waits.

It depends on the ride.

If it is a great ride I'd say an hour max, but if its not that great of a ride I'd say 30-45 min. Also the wait time posted is often an overestimation, so sometimes I go and wait in line even if it says 90 min.

100% driven by the temperature. 85+ degrees and/or humid? 15-20 min tops. Gorgeous 60s/70s winter weather and adult beverage in hand? Up to 45 min is a breeze. Longer than that and I just get too antsy.

The longest I've ever waited in line was two hours, but that was for special one time events. The longest I'll usually wait for any ride is 30-45 minutes.

How long I will wait for a ride depends on how long the standby wait is usually during the day, and how much I like the ride lol. The other thing is that we live only an 1 1/2 away from Disney World now. We used to live up in NY. So the time we would wait now, being closer, is much different than the time we would wait when we lived up in NY and could only visit once a year.

20 to 30 minutes max....and that is pushing it. if it is hot outside, I don't even want to do that.. LOL.

On my first trip to WDW we waited 45 minutes for Haunted Mansion, but I was not leaving that line for anything. It was like one of the top 5 things I wanted to do on my first trip.

But my sister spent two hours in line to meet the Fairies with my niece on that trip. I found a nice cool spot to sit and relax and wait. I mean the line for Mickey and Minnie wasn't that long.. LOL...

For me it depends a lot on the ride and if I've ridden it before and if I have plans to return in the near future. If it's a once in a lifetime thing, one chance only, I'll wait hours. I waited 3 hours for Millenium Force at Cedar Point when it first opened because I didn't have plans for a return visit any time in the near future.

But if I know I'm going to Disney World every year and I've already done every ride, I'll skip a line that is over 45 minutes.

100% driven by the temperature. 85+ degrees and/or humid? 15-20 min tops. Gorgeous 60s/70s winter weather and adult beverage in hand? Up to 45 min is a breeze. Longer than that and I just get too antsy.

Haha! Good point! I didn't think of the weather and/or drink in hand lol That would certainly decrease or extend the time for me too ;)

Kids can wait roughly 1-15 minutes ...depending on moods/heat/time of day

I could stand in line 0-60 minutes, depending on anxiety level/crowds/temperature/desire to ride or see whatever it is

Dh says an hour and a half.

Sitting down in a/c without too much of a crowd and a way to escape...I could probably wait an hour an a half if I wanted. But there isn't anything I want to see that bad anymore.

My dad has always been pretty firm about 20 minutes max but we have stretched to 30 a time or two. This rule has never prevented us from riding anything we wanted to ride. You just need to know when to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter