How jarring is RotR?

calminthestorm

Earning My Ears
Hello! My doctor said no coasters during my trip in February due to a neck/disc issue. Nothing that will jerk me around. I’ve heard RotR has a drop, but that it isn’t very jarring. Anyone here who can confirm or disagree with that?

For example, I’m willing to do anything to the level of an abrupt stop in a car, because that’s happened and I’ve been okay. But I’m not doing BTMR, TOT, EE, etc. this trip. Any personal experience appreciated, and I recognize it is not medical advice—just helps me categorize yes, no, maybe. Thanks!

I really couldn’t tell you if the drop will be too jarring, but it’s really super small. The only thing I would worry about is the spinning kf the cars that might be too much. The drop is probably the equivalent to an abrupt stop from 30ish mph. I hope this helps!

I really couldn’t tell you if the drop will be too jarring, but it’s really super small. The only thing I would worry about is the spinning kf the cars that might be too much. The drop is probably the equivalent to an abrupt stop from 30ish mph. I hope this helps!
Thank you! I really appreciate the equivalent. Does the spinning jerk you around? If so, is it easy to see changes in direction coming and brace, or is it pretty dark/surprising? Thanks again!:)

I have not watched them because I want to experience it in person, but I know that there are ride videos on YouTube. If you don't mind watching the ride, you can see exactly what happens.

Thank you! I really appreciate the equivalent. Does the spinning jerk you around? If so, is it easy to see changes in direction coming and brace, or is it pretty dark/surprising? Thanks again!:)

Putting this under spoiler:

The ride itself is extremely smooth. Comes with the territory of it being a trackless vehicle. The only part that I can think of that I would say ‘might’ be jerky would be when Kylo moves the ride vehicle back and forth. And it’s not a hard jerk. You’ll know it’s coming because he’ll reach out to use the force. But to be honest your probably watching a ride POV to get a better idea since it will show turns and things like that much better then a written description

I have not watched them because I want to experience it in person, but I know that there are ride videos on YouTube. If you don't mind watching the ride, you can see exactly what happens.
Putting this under spoiler:

The ride itself is extremely smooth. Comes with the territory of it being a trackless vehicle. The only part that I can think of that I would say ‘might’ be jerky would be when Kylo moves the ride vehicle back and forth. And it’s not a hard jerk. You’ll know it’s coming because he’ll reach out to use the force. But to be honest your probably watching a ride POV to get a better idea since it will show turns and things like that much better then a written description

Thank you both! I think I’ll try riding! I’m trying to avoid watching a full ride through so I can be surprised the first time, but I don’t mind a spoiler or two to help me decide/brace at the right moment :). (Good to know they’re out there if I change my mind, though.) It sounds like this will be okay for me. Thanks again!

The first time I went on it I couldn’t tell when any of the turns where coming but the second time seems less extreme. If at all possible, you should probably brace the whole time. It’s not more spinny than winnie the pooh so if you can go on that I think you should be ok.

The first time I went on it I couldn’t tell when any of the turns where coming but the second time seems less extreme. If at all possible, you should probably brace the whole time. It’s not more spinny than winnie the pooh so if you can go on that I think you should be ok.
I’ve done WtP before and it’s in my “yes” list, so we should be good! Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter