How is this for a MM plan on a Saturday in July...

hart6066

DIS Veteran
1. Peter Pan (only if we are one of the first in line)
2. Matterhorn (preferably 2x--first time on ride)
3. Alice
4. Mr Toad
5. Snow White
6. Pinocchio
7. Nemo Sub

We go to WDW every year so we are concentrating a little more on rides that are only at DLR. This is our 2nd time here, but Matterhorn was down first time we went.

We really want to do Nemo ride bc we have never done them before, but we heard it eats up a lot of time so to do it basically at the very end of MM

Thanks!

Sounds good! You might even add Autopia to your list after the subs, it is an opening day original, afterall! The cars need a little time to get warmed up in the morning, so it is one for the end of Magic Morning too. Plus, I think you can still get your souvenir license for a few bucks in the photo booth.

Have fun planning!

Also, we noticed that the Fantasyland rides get low lines right before closing and we have been able to ride a lot of them with no wait. If Snow White, Mr. Toad, and Pinnochio get busy before you get to them in the morning, try hitting them again right before closing!

Thank you! What about fitting in Small World and Canal Boats---our kids are older (11 and 14) but both are unique to DLR--will those push us back too far with the rest of the day with fitting in things like Indy, Space, etc? I'm not sure we'll make it to closing time!

You can use FPs for big rides like Indy and Space, so you don't need to worry about lines for those. I think you MM morning plan is good. The next hour or so should also have pretty low lines. I would get a FP for whichever ride you want as soon as the park opens, then maybe hit Storybook Land Canal boats. Or switch that ride with the Subs, as I think the line for the boats get longer faster than the Subs, but you can play that by ear. Then just keep getting another FP each time your window opens.

20 minute wait for peter Pan is not a bad wait. In order for you to be first in line for peter pan, you will have to run with the other 30 folks sprinting. You will have to be at the rope, touching it, and you will have to dodge many strollers. If you behave socially correct and do a UPS shuffle thru the castle, your wait and end of ride will be 15 mins. Which is a great time saver. The other dark rides are easy to negotiate into the dark evening or when you are done with Matterhorn, Snow white and her wooden neighbor will be easy walk-ons

3. Alice
4. Mr Toad
5. Snow White
6. Pinocchio
7. Nemo Sub

We go to WDW every year so we are concentrating a little more on rides that are only at DLR. This is our 2nd time here, but Matterhorn was down first time we went.

We really want to do Nemo ride bc we have never done them before, but we heard it eats up a lot of time so to do it basically at the very end of MM

Thanks!

1. Peter Pan is a must do at MM. Even a 30 minute wait is ok. If you want to wait less than 30 minutes you will need to be at the entrance 15-30 minutes before MM starts.
2. Matterhorn I would wait to ride this attraction when the park opens. My guess is that they will only be opening the second side 30 minutes after the park opens.
7. Nemo Subs... DO NOT DO IT at anytime during the MM or morning in general. Save it for when you see everything else or do a night ride. The line will be much shorter at night and in my opinion the scenes look a little better at night.

My recommendation
630am Arrive at the park entrance.
7am- Head directly to Peter Pan. Just remember 30 minutes or less is better than the 60 minutes it will be later.
730am-8am: Dumbo, Alice, Toad, Snow White, and Pinocchio
8am-9am: As park opens Casey Jr, and then the Matterhorn. Even better if you do the Single Rider for the Matterhorn.
The main thing is that you want to be done with Fantasyland by 9am.
9am-11am: Then head to Adventureland, grab that Indy FP, skip Jungle Cruise for later, ride Big Thunder with no FP, Splash Mountain with no FP, Mansion with no FP, Grab a FP for Space Mtn before you use the FP for Indy, use FP for Indy, ride Pirates after Indy even if the line looks long. It will move fast and the line will only get longer.
11am Lunch time...then head to Tomorrowland after

Thank you--my only concern is about the subs--it's one of my daughter's top 2 picks and I'm worried that the line will be very long later in the day. We are going on a Saturday in July and it sounds like crowds will be crazy. Maybe do it as last thing in Fantasyland before heading to Space Mt? We will likely skip Casey Jr...

3. Alice
4. Mr Toad
5. Snow White
6. Pinocchio
7. Nemo Sub

Thanks!

This plan looks pretty good to me. It's similar to what my hubs and I do. Right at normal opening hit the canal boats and Casey juniors train if and then head over to either tomorrowland or adventure land for more rides. Small world will have short lines most of the day so no need to rush to it. If possible ride canal boats again at night for a very magical experience. You should be able to pull fastpass for big rides and ride the lesser rides while you wait for your windows to open.

I had not considered doing the subs at night, but that might be more fun! The Storybookland Canal Boats and Casey Jr. both look great at night, too, that is when we fit them in.

Thank you--my only concern is about the subs--it's one of my daughter's top 2 picks and I'm worried that the line will be very long later in the day. We are going on a Saturday in July and it sounds like crowds will be crazy. Maybe do it as last thing in Fantasyland before heading to Space Mt? We will likely skip Casey Jr...

If the subs are that high on your list you can probably do them in the a.m. after your other FL priorities, but MouseExp knows the park. Our experience this summer was that the subs waits did drop to near walk on during and after the 1st parade. I personally would not waste morning touring time on the subs.

I had not considered doing the subs at night, but that might be more fun! The Storybookland Canal Boats and Casey Jr. both look great at night, too, that is when we fit them in.

Correct all three are better at night... in my opinion... and the lines will be short
Even try to get the last seat on the caboose. It makes Casey Jr. a bit more fun.

Space Mountain may take a while to get through.
Casey Jr can be skip and focus on Matterhorn, perhaps even do both sides and start my Adventureland recommendation early.

If I had to choose between the (adorable) Casey Jr train and the canal boats, I would do the canal boats. We found the wait a little shorter when we tried it about 6ish while DH held our PTN parade spot.

I do not see Dumbo on your list?
I usually skip it as I don't even like it. Sometimes I have to go with my DGD

Yes--we will skip Dumbo (kids are too old!) and we will put off subs until later in day.

Mouse Exp--do you think we should try to do canal boats at the end of MM before heading to Adventureland or leave those for later in the day as well.

Thanks!

Yes--we will skip Dumbo (kids are too old!) and we will put off subs until later in day.

Mouse Exp--do you think we should try to do canal boats at the end of MM before heading to Adventureland or leave those for later in the day as well.

Thanks!

The Canal Boats lines can be deceivingly short, plus the ride is quite long (a similar situation as the subs). I would recommend Casey Jr in the morning if you want to see a quick and a bit more thrilling version of what the Canal Boats have to offer. Then save Canal Boats for later in the day.

The earlier you get to Adventureland the better you will be later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter