How is the Skyliner going to work in regards to two destinations?

stewart715

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this has been answered already, I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Does anyone know how logistically you are going to be able to go to two different destinations on the same Skyliner line? Are there going to be cars designated to each park? Or will the car somehow be labeled as Epcot or HS and know how to route itself at the turn stations? Or is it simpler than that? If you are at Pop Century and you are going to Epcot, do you simply have to wait it out to go to HS and loop back to go up to Epcot? I can't conceptualize how this is going to work coming from multiple locations to multiple locations.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Does anyone know how logistically you are going to be able to go to two different destinations on the same Skyliner line? Are there going to be cars designated to each park? Or will the car somehow be labeled as Epcot or HS and know how to route itself at the turn stations? Or is it simpler than that? If you are at Pop Century and you are going to Epcot, do you simply have to wait it out to go to HS and loop back to go up to Epcot? I can't conceptualize how this is going to work coming from multiple locations to multiple locations.

Word is you will transfer to the park you want at the CBR Station.

There is a Transportation Forum where the experts hang out, rather than here on the Resort Forum

There are three separate lines:
CBR <> AoA/Pop
CBR <> DHS
CBR <> International Gateway (via Riviera)

You will have to change lines at CBR.

Well, unless CBR is your destination :). Pop is my favorite non-DVC resort. I've never even been to CBR, but the Skyliner will make this resort-hop feasible!
Yes,I forsee CBR/DRR and POP/AoA becoming something like "Sister Resorts" with POP/AoA Guests popping:) over to CBR or DRR to dine at one of their restaurants or visit Banana Cabana,etc. and DRR/CBR Guests using Skyliner to check out POP/AoA(I think "flying" over Hourglass Lake will be very popular.)

I'm wondering how the Skyliner is going to work with people in wheelchairs and scooters. Where I live we have Cedar Point, which has a gondola ride, but the gondola never stops - they constantly rotate around and passengers have to step quick to hop on and off - and no wheelchair access.

Having to pause to load guests in wheelchairs and scooters in the WDW gondolas would mean the whole ride would have to stop, wouldn't it? How exactly is that going to work? Does anybody know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter