How is the Disneyland Pool right now?

dznyfreak

Disneyland Local APer
Hello everyone! I have just scheduled a last minute stay at the Disneyland Hotel next weekend and wanted to know what the pool area is like from anyone that has stayed there recently. What were the pool hours? How crowded was it and best times to go? Are they serving food? Any insight would be very much appreciated!

We were there end of July. Don’t recall the specific hours but maybe 8 to 8? It was crowded in the afternoons but nothing terrible. Drinks and food were available from Tangeroa Terrace/Trader Sam’s

It was super crowded. Had to stalk for chairs if you wanted to put your belongings anywhere. I have no idea how they will serve their guests unless they add another pool area with the DVC tower.

They are serving food and drinks but service can be super slow at times because the servers are stretched thin.

The top slide was closed for most of the time we were there.

Otherwise it was lovely and relaxing and I did not hear any construction noise.

We were there last week/earlier this week and I’ve never seen the pool that crowded. We overheard several people who were flabbergasted that there wasn’t a single chair available in the whole place. You had to either get there early enough, stalk for a chair, or hope that someone takes pity on you need gives you there chairs as they are leaving. We had several people do that for us on our pool days and we paid it forward when we left. On Fri, Sat, Sun the pool was open 8-10 and the slides were open 9-9. Mon-Thurs I think the pool was open 9-9 and the slides didn’t open until 11 with the red monorail slide closed for the day for “unscheduled maintenance”. Construction noise wasn’t an issue and we got our food in a timely manner.

We were there last week/earlier this week and I’ve never seen the pool that crowded. We overheard several people who were flabbergasted that there wasn’t a single chair available in the whole place. You had to either get there early enough, stalk for a chair, or hope that someone takes pity on you need gives you there chairs as they are leaving. We had several people do that for us on our pool days and we paid it forward when we left. On Fri, Sat, Sun the pool was open 8-10 and the slides were open 9-9. Mon-Thurs I think the pool was open 9-9 and the slides didn’t open until 11 with the red monorail slide closed for the day for “unscheduled maintenance”. Construction noise wasn’t an issue and we got our food in a timely manner.
Did they have cabanas open?

We were there on 8/8. We got to the pools around 11am. No issues finding chairs. They did have pool service but it was a bit slow to get your order. My husband just ran to earl of sandwich for food. Lol. We got drinks but they weren’t very cold by the time we got them from pool service. Pool hours were 8am to 10pm. Slides were 9am-8pm I believe. Pool started getting much more crowded around 1. They actually started removing some peoples stuff that were still at the pool, to give their chairs away to others. They did have the free ice water out which was really nice to have. There aren’t any showers in the restrooms if you will need those. We found out the hard way. Lol. We had a great time! Wished we could have stayed longer.

We were there on 8/8. We got to the pools around 11am. No issues finding chairs. They did have pool service but it was a bit slow to get your order. My husband just ran to earl of sandwich for food. Lol. We got drinks but they weren’t very cold by the time we got them from pool service. Pool hours were 8am to 10pm. Slides were 9am-8pm I believe. Pool started getting much more crowded around 1. They actually started removing some peoples stuff that were still at the pool, to give their chairs away to others. They did have the free ice water out which was really nice to have. There aren’t any showers in the restrooms if you will need those. We found out the hard way. Lol. We had a great time! Wished we could have stayed longer.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you eat at Trader Sam’s by chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter