How is the Canadian smoke in your area.

Western suburb of Cleveland. AQI is currently 191 (better than yesterday) and Air Quality Alert is in effect until tomorrow late afternoon.

Michigan has been pretty bad. I have allergies, so I have been wearing a mask whenever I go outside.

NYC Not to bad today.
My nose tingled slightly when I went out from inside AC. Super Super faint.

Had those bad days couple of weeks ago.

Western MD here. Yesterday it was bad, you could even smell it. Today it's even worse. Hopefully will be gone by the end of the weekend, or so they say.

Chicago here. Better today, seems to have cleared up a bit during the day (my phone is no longer autmoatically reporting the AQI to me, which I assume means it's dropped to more tolerable levels). Two days ago we had the worst AQI of anywhere in the world, that was rough. I walked out into the hallway of my apartment building (not outside) and it smelled like campfire.

Really? Today is beautiful blue skies and no haze in Mississauga. I know it can and will likely change, and yesterday was awful. But so far today is so lovely.
I'm up in Markham. It was pretty bad yesterday - you could see it hanging in the air at ground level - and you could smell it in pockets today.

Are you closer to the lake? Maybe that helps.

I’m in NE Ohio, east of Cleveland. Yesterday was bad and it smelled like burning plastic outside. I had a headache and sore throat, though that could be just a coincidence. Several outdoor events were canceled last night in my area. Today, it’s still hazy, but I don’t smell burning plastic any longer.

I’m east of Toronto. It was ok during the day but toinght while walking it was getting hazy again.

Nothing like a week or so when we could smell the fire. On the news it said it was coming tonight and tomorrow again.

Western NY today is not as bad as yesterday . Yesterday was very hazy and smelled like someone just light a match. I think were 170.ehrn I checked the gov website in the afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm up in Markham. It was pretty bad yesterday - you could see it hanging in the air at ground level - and you could smell it in pockets today.

Are you closer to the lake? Maybe that helps.
Yesterday was bad, disgustingly bad. But today was so gloriously better. We aren’t near the lake, closer to Brampton. It was funny, driving around today I could see it was smokier just a bit further north of us. The kids got to enjoy a normal school day for their last day though, with outside time!

Can Canada doing anything to try to put out these fires or are they too big?

Last edited:
NW Ohio here - over 200 AQI all week. Kid's outdoor sports cancelled last two days. It's super hazy and gloomy; so ready for a break in this. I feel bad for all the tourist dependent small businesses on Lake Erie headed into a holiday weekend with advisories to stay inside.

Uggghhhh……The Chicago area has been terrible, but it’s getting better now. On Tuesday it smelled like old, stale campfire smoke outside. I told DD19 that she wasn’t allowed to go out and run until things get better. She was also getting the notifications about the horrible air quality and agreed that running would not be in her best interest. The haze around here has been so crazy - never did I think smoke could travel this far. I can’t get annoyed though, because it’s sad to know these fires are happening.

Another bad day here in Maryland. It will improve over the weekend says our meteorologist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter