How is ShopDisney or just buying Disney Merch treating you?

Jabroniville

Mouseketeer
I wanted to ask about this, as the Disney Stores have all been closed in Canada since Aug-September in most cases. Lately I've been going around the malls and they're telling me that it's also gotten VERY hard to just order in Disney things! A few shops have discussed that (and Hot Topic has almost NO Disney stuff right now), though some are able to get the Bradford Exchange or Jim Shore Collections.

How has ShopDisney done for anyone who's used it? I heard the shipping was ridiculous and there hasn't been much new for me to get, so I haven't gone for it yet.

I heard horror stories about customs when ordering from shopDisney. I choose not to risk it, I just send everything to my Dad on the USA and will pick it up whenever I go visit. I wish they would just open a Canadian website, would make things so much easier.

Not at all. I think it totally sucks that they closed all the stores. They NEVER include Canada in any of the free shipping deals. And obviously you already know we have to pay in US$ and pay higher shipping and duty fees. There was an item I wanted once...some cute mug...the shipping was MORE than the mug. I didn't want it that bad.

I'm resigned to never getting anything Disney unless it's bought on vacation. Sigh.

I ordered in December but had it shipped to a parcel pick up location in the US because I thought it would be cheaper. They ended up splitting it into 3 shipments so I had to pay for 3 packages and customs in the end. Probably would have been close to the same had I just shipped it to Canada.

Is there any way to know (for sure) if a package from overseas will have duty / taxes applied and how much it will be before it gets delivered? I ordered something that was about $50 CDN and about $25 shipping. It is scheduled to be delivered by canada post this week and the tracking info advises me that I can pay ahead of time so that they will leave it at my door, but it doesn't say anywhere how much I would need to pay. I assume it will have some duty / taxes due it on and I would prefer to avoid a trip to the post office...Also, will the duty be on the $50ish of the item, or the $75 of the item + shipping cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter