How is Savannah, Ga. for over night stop?

wdwfan

My heart belongs to Disney!
We're driving from southern New Jersey to WDW and are looking at about an 18 hour drive. We would like to do the bulk of the drive on the first day, with hopefully about 5 hours to WDW the next day. Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn I-95 North in Savannah? Could you also recommend other hotels in the Savannah area that provide card keys and interior corridors? Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

We haven't stayed at the Hampton Inns in Savannah, but we have stayed at both of the Microtel Inns that are off I-95. I believe one is at exit 104 and the other is exit 94. Both are clean, comfortable, have interior corridors, and (if this matters) full cable tv. Only thing is, one amenity they skimp on is the hotel-provided shampoo, so if you depend on that to minimize your packing, be forewarned.

Thanks for the tips! :) I'll look into Microtel Inns. Can anyone else offer any very good hotels off 95 in Savannah? Thank you!:)

We have frequently stopped at the Hampton Inn in Richmond Hills, GA - just south of the Savannah exits. The people are friendly, the rates are reasonable, it is clean, we feel safe & the continental breakfast begins about 6 a.m. I would not think twice about staying there again. Travel safely & enjoy your vacation!

I am also planning a trip from NJ to WDW. The DW and I drove once before on our honeymoon with one stop along the way somewhere in NC as well as a stop in Jacksonville to visit some friends. Otherwise we would have just gone straight to Orlando from NC.

This time around, however, we have a couple of extra passengers. Namely the DD (5 years old) and the DS (20 months old). Both have flown down with us, but this will be the first attempt at driving since '93. So, we decided to take it easy and planned 2 stops along the way down. The first stop is in Emporia, VA at a Hampton Inn, and the second is at a Holiday Inn Express in Savannah, GA.

The way I picked both of the above hotels is via AAA's web site. The have a great travel planning tool (Triptick?) that allows you to enter your planned trip as well as the destinations along the way. In addition to directions and mileage, it will also list for you points of interest for each destination including lodging! :) AAA uses a diamond rating system (versus stars) on a scale of 1 to 5. I was looking for minimally 3 diamond hotels which is what I selected.

As to which hotels use card keys and interior corridors, I guess the only way to know for sure is to call the hotel. But at least with the rating system, you have some idea as to the quality of the hotel.

Tal

My DH has stayed in the Holiday Inn in Savannha Georgia on business. He said Savannha is a beautiful place and this is saying a lot for him. He travels weekly so he rarely comments on different areas unless they really stand out.

RobinLyn :)

Thank you for your replies. I am going to go to the AAA website especially since I am a member and see what I can find. We are in a hurry to get down to WDW. We're even thinking of leaving a night earlier after my husband comes home from work and driving to about south of Richmond. We'd have the bulk of the trip the next day. Thanks again!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter