How is Rope Dropping Seven Dwarfs These Days??

I have two questions: is this a change from a few years ago, when I truly thought buses began running an hour before the park opened?; how often do buses run earlier for 7 am openings?

We'll be there during Christmas week, so lots of 7 am openings, and our main reason for staying onsite is we love the ease of the transportation. I don't want to rent a car (especially now that the resorts charge for parking) or pay for Ubers every morning. :scratchin

Buses have been running from around 6:30 for many years now. Think about it. If you have a PPO breakfast at 8:00 and the park opens at 9:00, if buses didn't start running until an hour before opening, how would you get to your breakfast?

Anyway, for your 7 am openings, I would be at the bus stop around 6:00 to be sure I was on one of the first buses headed to that EARLY EMH.

Anyway, for your 7 am openings, I would be at the bus stop around 6:00 to be sure I was on one of the first buses headed to that EARLY EMH.
I have no problem with being at the bus stop at 6. My concern is if the bus doesn't get there until 6:30, there's no real chance we'll be near the lead of the pack for a 7 am open. I'm hoping someone can comment on whether or not buses are usually ready to leave early during Christmas week and other very busy weeks.

I have two questions: is this a change from a few years ago, when I truly thought buses began running an hour before the park opened?; how often do buses run earlier for 7 am openings?

We'll be there during Christmas week, so lots of 7 am openings, and our main reason for staying onsite is we love the ease of the transportation. I don't want to rent a car (especially now that the resorts charge for parking) or pay for Ubers every morning. :scratchin

I have no problem with being at the bus stop at 6. My concern is if the bus doesn't get there until 6:30, there's no real chance we'll be near the lead of the pack for a 7 am open. I'm hoping someone can comment on whether or not buses are usually ready to leave early during Christmas week and other very busy weeks.

Buses will start at 6 that week but those super early buses are few and far between. So if the MK bus comes at 6 and you show up at 6:03, you can easily wait 20 minutes or more for the next one.

Buses will start at 6 that week but those super early buses are few and far between. So if the MK bus comes at 6 and you show up at 6:03, you can easily wait 20 minutes or more for the next one.
Thank you. We'll plan to be there waiting by 5:45 if there's a good chance there will be a bus at 6. We never have an issue getting up early to get to a Disney park. I just wanted some sense of assurance that buses will start before 6:30 when a park opens at 7. :thanks:

EMH is only for guests who are onsite. At MK this is especially in your favor because anyone who drives is sort of held at the TTC since the assumption is you're driving in from offsite. It's not impossible to get from there over to the MK gates before 7:00, but it's much easier for those using Disney transportation.

The other thing in your favor is it is 7:00 a.m. There just aren't that many people who will get up that early on vacation. Even if you miss that 6:00 bus and don't get another until 6:30, there aren't going to be that many people in front of you when you get there.

Simple solution make a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest get in early, you don't have to buy food just get a Soda or Coffee and leave. Cheap early access. Breakfast food is crazy expensive at that place seriously $28 for an egg on toast with cheese come on Disney.

We rope drop during our trips over Easter Week. We usually wait 30ish minutes. But, we run like crazy people and go directly there. We get to the park about 30 min before actual open to wait in front of the castle for the welcome show and then we are off! We also get a FP for it. Also, right as the fireworks start or are just over- another 30 minute wait. People are watching the show so we've had luck with low waits. Often we catch the finale as we ride 7D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter