How Is President's Week at DL?

Napoleon Dynamite

Mouseketeer
I booked a trip to put in my kid's stockings for the week of President's day, since we are off from school here. We don't get there until the day after President's Day. How are the crowds then? Also, the weather? Super excited! We had enough miles for free airfare, and enough Marriott points for another free stay!

Last edited:
I booked a trip to put in my kid's stockings for the week of President's week, since we are off from school here. We don't get there until the day after President's Day. How are the crowds then? Also, the weather? Super excited! We had enough miles for free airfare, and enough Marriott points for another free stay!
I have never been but i have heard it is crazy busy just like any other holiday now.

Was that weekend previously a race weekend? if so, since they're not doing any more races, it might not be as bad as in previous years

It was HORRIBLE last year. The worst conditions I've seen at Disney between the insane crowds and 10-8 opening hours.

If they extend hours, this year might be better. Also, last year, AP days were going on and the previous week had had extreme rain (Disneyland even closed early the previous Friday due to flooding), so that probably bumped up crowds.

In years past, it's gotten more busy that week. Back in 2012 or so, California schools started a President's Day "Ski Week." Essentially, the kids in So Cal (and beyond!) get that whole week off. When So Cal schools are off, crowds are likely to be significantly increased, especially when APs aren't blocked.

I've gone during that week twice; one wasn't bad at all, the other was significantly more busy.

In years past, it's gotten more busy that week. Back in 2012 or so, California schools started a President's Day "Ski Week." Essentially, the kids in So Cal (and beyond!) get that whole week off. When So Cal schools are off, crowds are likely to be significantly increased, especially when APs aren't blocked.

I've gone during that week twice; one wasn't bad at all, the other was significantly more busy.

That makes sense for the crowds then, because the airfare and hotel's cash rates were not expensive at all, especially compared to our trip June 26-July3rd of this past Summer. Less than us going to WDW in FL, so I guess it's not a popular winter break destination for out of towners!

We are in San Diego and our daughter's school only has a four day weekend for President's Day. I work for a youth nonprofit that serves all of San Diego County and all districts south of Oceanside (besides one tiny district) either have a four day weekend for President's Day, or two Mondays in a row off (Lincoln's Birthday and President's Day). That being said, we have experienced both extreme crowds and "not bad at all crowds" President's Day and the days after. I agree with the above poster that it might be better now that there are no races at the park.

Last year the the week of president’s day was super crowded. Like 30 min to get through security from Harbour blvd at park opening crowded.
Get there EARLY and Get maxpass and you’ll be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter