How is MMRR settling? Or is it? Recent Experiences?

twitch

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what wait times/VQ have been like for MMRR lately. Hoping to go next Monday (27th), and wondering if we want to commit to trying for a VQ. How quickly are they going? How long is the wait to ride if you get a VQ?

TIA.

I’ve now ridden 4 time with VQ that I’ve gotten at 7am. The 7am drop goes immediately, 1pm sometimes lasts for a few hours it just depends on the day of the week. I’ve had it take as long as an hour all in and as short as 10/15 min all in. Yesterday I had group 22 from the 7am drop, didn’t get to the parks until 4:30 and the ride was down. I walked up towards toontown around 5:30, the ride had been down for 1.5 hours at that point, and in the few minutes I was hanging around there they took down the rope and started letting people back in about 5/10 minutes after that since the ride came back online. Yesterday was the shortest wait since it was immediately following downtime.

We were there on feb 10th. Got a VQ for 4 guests at the 1pm drop. Our entry was 3 to 4 but ride was down. CM advised we could return any time same day. App indicated it was open at 6:30 so walked over, went down again. After 2nd F! Show we walked over again, bout 11:00. Queue took most of the hour and we walked on right about 12am. Good ride but a lot of effort.

What happens if your group has already been called before you get to the park? We won’t be at the park until 10:00 or so.

What happens if your group has already been called before you get to the park? We won’t be at the park until 10:00 or so.
You can go anytime after the group is called. They don’t enforce the backend of the VQ return window.

Anyone have guesses as to how long the VQ will be in place? Heading to parks early April. Think it will still be here then?

Genuine speculation.. not being snarky… I wonder if all of the people getting a boarding group at 7am, but not showing up to the parks until much later, and boarding after their BG has passed, are the reason the lines have been so ridiculously long the last 3 times we’ve ridden.

Last edited:
Genuine speculation.. not being snarky… I wonder if all of the people getting a boarding group at 7am, but not showing up to the parks until much later, and boarding after their BG has passed, are the reason the lines have been so ridiculously long the last 3 times we’ve ridden.
What time of day have you ridden. And I don’t think that’s causing the lines to be long. It’s more than likely been caused by rice downtime.

It breaks down a lot.

We got a VQ at 1pm last weekend but it was group 205 and when we left at like 6pm, they weren't even at 150 yet, due to breakdowns. I don't think they called our group until 10:30pm.

The first time we rode our group was 29. We had to wait over an hour once we scanned in. We got in line at 10:15am and then the ride broke down with us on it. We walked out of the ride at 11:45. It took up a considerable amount of our morning. We got a return again later pass and that time we were in and out in 15 minutes using the LL line.

I hadn't thought about this but it would make sense. The reason to have a VQ at all is so guests are spread out. Not arriving when your group is supposed to means there are extra guests when you do go.

I hadn't thought about this but it would make sense. The reason to have a VQ at all is so guests are spread out. Not arriving when your group is supposed to means there are extra guests when you do go.

And that queue can hold a LOT of people. There is even an outdoor portion in the back that they had to use the other day.

I wish they would enforce the return times, especially in the mornings, but with how often the ride is breaking down, I get why they aren't.

And that queue can hold a LOT of people. There is even an outdoor portion in the back that they had to use the other day.

I wish they would enforce the return times, especially in the mornings, but with how often the ride is breaking down, I get why they aren't.
For sure the ride breaking down is not helping but I don't think everyone arriving whenever even when it doesn't break helps.

I wonder why they can't give leeway just to the folks that miss their window because of a breakdown. Surely they have a way to track when they close their own ride, why can't they use that data to cross reference the affected boarding groups? It sounds like a simple algorithm but I am not a programmer.

I think a lot depends on crowd levels - yesterday was PACKED (120+ wait times for many rides). I got a backup BG right at 1pm for backup BG 249. They were only boarding groups 55-77 at that time. By 5pm when we were ready to leave they were only in the 100s so no ride this time for us. Yes, I left the VQ so as to not take up space, glad they have this feature. I too wish they enforced the return time even though it could potentially negatively impact me as I have an hour drive - local MKey holders can (theoretically) go another day if they get a BG at 7am and cant make the return time. Not so much for day guests.

I did hear (I think) that it was down for 2 hrs yesterday morning.

We got group 171 on Saturday (at the 1pm attempt) and we boarded around 4 after a short breakdown. We got #201 on Sunday and were not called until 10pm. They stopped calling numbers around 8pm because of fireworks. We did not make it to the 10pm call back.

Well... I confess I'm surprised by that.

I wonder if they're just presuming low crowds for the next 5 days (crazy storm coming through) and want to see what happens without using the VQ.

I think it was always meant to be temporary. I'll bet they are doing this mostly because of how unreliable the ride is.

What time of day have you ridden. And I don’t think that’s causing the lines to be long. It’s more than likely been caused by rice downtime.

We’ve been 4 times. Two of those times the ride did not break down at all…. As in all day. I think we were group 90 and we rode at 2, maybe? The line for the queue was out the door. That was a 7am boarding group. Another time we rode at 5, and that was another day with minimal to no downtown. Hour wait again.

One time it was down constantly and we didn’t ride until 5:30 and the entire process took 90 minutes. That’s understandable. First time we rode was a Wednesday in the middle of the week and we had about a 45 minute wait… minimal downtown throughout the day.

Gosh maybe we’ve ridden 5 times because the first time I bought LL. I can’t remember. 🙈

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter