How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

Update from nurse land: yesterday I was recruited to sit outside in the 85 degree heat to screen patients to decide which ones will go into our outside isolation tent, and also to screen visitors and enforce a strict one visitor per patient in the ED rule. My reward was having grown adults scream in my face for enforcing rules, as well as for refusing to give them a stash of masks and gloves. I was doing this without PPE for myself, by the way!

Please be nice to healthcare workers!! I know this is a stressful time for us all, but I’m just following orders.

Update from nurse land: yesterday I was recruited to sit outside in the 85 degree heat to screen patients to decide which ones will go into our outside isolation tent, and also to screen visitors and enforce a strict one visitor per patient in the ED rule. My reward was having grown adults scream in my face for enforcing rules, as well as for refusing to give them a stash of masks and gloves.
Our county buses have "wraps" of advertising to pay for part of the cost of the transit system.

To quote one wrap I see just about every day: "Nursing. One Degree, Unlimited Opportunities!"

Welcome to the glamour job! (and seriously, thanks for all you do!)
I was doing this without PPE for myself, by the way!
Shame on you.
Please be nice to healthcare workers!!
Yep. You may need one sooner than you think!

And also, most of us would not do what they do!

Last edited:
Update from nurse land: yesterday I was recruited to sit outside in the 85 degree heat to screen patients to decide which ones will go into our outside isolation tent, and also to screen visitors and enforce a strict one visitor per patient in the ED rule. My reward was having grown adults scream in my face for enforcing rules, as well as for refusing to give them a stash of masks and gloves. I was doing this without PPE for myself, by the way!

Please be nice to healthcare workers!! I know this is a stressful time for us all, but I’m just following orders.
I'm so sorry. :(

We are doing a few things at our house. No more going to the gym for us for awhile, no more going out to dinner - not that we did it often but a couple of times. No more grabbing fast food lunches and no more weekly trips to JoAnn Fabrics or Hobby Lobby. That part is fine - I've got enough fabric, thread, interfacing and jewelry making stuff to last probably a year - maybe more.

Work is fine for now - we've been putting enough in savings that we'd be ok for awhile if something happens and sales drop significantly.

All schools and colleges have suspended classes for 2 week and I'm betting it will be longer. My son is fine with it. He lives offsite and plans on staying there.

Stem Major daughter is freaking out. Her classes are so hard that she goes to all the office hours of the Professors to understand the material better and without that, she feels she isn't going to pass one of her classes. Also 2 of her Professors are still expecting them to do work online even though the school says everything is suspended for 2 weeks. She's home.

We've got enough stuff to eat for 3 weeks - I normally keep 2 weeks worth anyways and went out and got enough for another week. We'll only run out of fresh items so I could go just get those once they come back in stock. Really missing bananas this week. The store was out of most everything when I stopped in to get those last Thursday.

Stay healthy everyone!

We have been ordered to officially work from home, so I spent the morning moving my computer rig into a temporary office (aka comic book room). I HATE working from home! At least they let us take anything we need so I have my monitors, etc. It's pretty weird though.

Our county buses have "wraps" of advertising to pay for part of the cost of the transit system.

To quote one wrap I see just about every day: "Nursing. One Degree, Unlimited Opportunities!"

Welcome to the glamour job! (and seriously, thanks for all you do!) Shame on you.Yep. You may need one sooner than you think!

And also, most of us would not do what they do!
I'm so sorry. :(
Thanks so much! I love what I do. It was really something seeing that big tent yesterday. It looks like the beginning of a zombie movie.

We’ll all get through this! I just bought napkins to use as emergency TP. We got this!!! :)

Thanks so much! I love what I do. It was really something seeing that big tent yesterday. It looks like the beginning of a zombie movie.

We’ll all get through this! I just bought napkins to use as emergency TP. We got this!!! :)

Just don't flush them. The last thing you need on top of crazy patients and their relatives is a blocked sewer in your home in the middle of this!

M.

My sister is an Infectious Disease RN, I completely understand. :) Take care of yourself!!

Day one of kids off school and they’re already going stir crazy. Ugh. DH has a plumbing/contracting business that he’s trying to decide what to do about (they’re in the middle of several major jobs) and luckily i have a live-in helper (my oldest DD lol) for my kids when I’m at work (part time atm) so I don’t have to worry about that. Anticipating moving to full time (I work at a pediatric practice) due to the virus, so grateful that I don’t have to worry about childcare. I’m also running errands for my parents since they’re in the at-risk group and I’m very worried about them (especially my father who has underlying lung issues). France is saying that half of their critical patients are under 40, so everyone has to be careful. Many of the younger folk effected tend to be smokers. Hope this nightmare ends soon!

Went to my yearly physical today. Got all of my scripts written just in case. Doc was masked and gloved for every patient. They are making a separate room for sick patients to wait in. He's only seeing sick patients in the afternoons. It's a very small operation, so I am glad to see these precautions.

He assured me that I am fine and healthy and will be ok. And he advised me to stop watching the news except for local at noon and 6. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I love my doctor.

Then we went to pick up my kid's computer and learning packet from school. New routine starts tomorrow. Here we go!

Went to my yearly physical today. Got all of my scripts written just in case. Doc was masked and gloved for every patient. They are making a separate room for sick patients to wait in. He's only seeing sick patients in the afternoons. It's a very small operation, so I am glad to see these precautions.

He assured me that I am fine and healthy and will be ok. And he advised me to stop watching the news except for local at noon and 6. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I love my doctor.

Then we went to pick up my kid's computer and learning packet from school. New routine starts tomorrow. Here we go!

I honestly think the news part is the worst part. Due to my job, I am expected to stay up on the latest happenings but I am telling you it is not good for my mental health.

DD had an amusing thing today, her first day of online.

DD, like most 18 year-olds, is quite technically proficient. But she had a real problem with one of the websites, so she called a friend.

This friend is one of her "skate sisters" -- a trio of former high-level competitive figure skaters. The girl was originally enrolled in an excruciating IB program in one of Miami's top public high schools, but she didn't like it and moved to home-schooling. So...who better to ask than the queen of home-schooling?

Problem fixed in about 2 minutes!

Last edited:
Picked up my docking station at work and some books I needed. Of course, when I went to setup my docking station at home, I learned that my new one had display ports, and my old monitor at home is DVI. Of course, I have a HDMI to DVI cable. I don't have a display port to DVI, so I had to order an adaptor. Amazon tells me I'll get it by the end of the week. Why are the simplest things so difficult?

Well my two daughters and I are all going to be home for a while so we decided to run to the paint store and get some paint to do the bathroom and upstairs hallway. We called ahead to make sure they were open and luckily there was only two other people in the store.

Then we came out and sanitized and washed hands real good when we got back home. So we are pretty much home from here on out because I do think the numbers will go up when testing gets fixed and more things will close.

I'm still self-isolating. My breathing difficulty is pretty well managed now, and I'm looking for information on how long I need to continue isolating. I've seen everything from "two weeks after symptoms start" to "until completely asymptomatic." to "40 days." Checking in with my doctor we've decided to temporarily set the goalpost at "Until I'm off all my breathing medications" but we'll re-evaluate as the situation evolves.

Well, just got the email that school is out until April 5th. This week is spring break. Still waiting on the district if they are offering online learning. I still have to work. My dh’s business is suffering badly. This whole thing sucks. I don’t even want to look at my portfolio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter