How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

How is it affecting me? I’m a nurse out on the front lines here putting myself at risk and I cannot feed myself my regular diet because people are going crazy and hoarding things! The shelves are bare, and all the grocery stores are closing too early for me to get to after work. I sent my parents out with a list for me and there is practically nothing! I’ll be eating salt and pepper sandwiches in between shifts LOL
Thank you for what you do! We have several nurses and NP’s in our family and I know how hard you work! It is very much appreciated.

As for the hoarding, I think it will calm down by about Wednesday after people get the initial panic out of their systems.

Another option is grocery delivery. Hopefully, a local supermarket by you can deliver.

Stay safe!

Thank you for what you do! We have several nurses and NP’s in our family and I know how hard you work! It is very much appreciated.

As for the hoarding, I think it will calm down by about Wednesday after people get the initial panic out of their systems.

Another option is grocery delivery. Hopefully, a local supermarket by you can deliver.

Stay safe!
Thank you! That’s a really good option, actually. Maybe I can get something delivered tomorrow to my parents place. I really appreciate that :)

Only way it's affecting me is that I'm going to make a killing when I buy back into the stock market and things normalize and I'm probably about to snap up all kinds of collectibles that go on fire sale before too long.

Oh and I'm having to drink the cheap-o bottled water in the flimsy plastic bottles because everybody already bought up all the Ozarka. Lol

Everything is getting cancelled. I am starting to worry. We have done take out once this week, then did go to a restaurant with my family. The only thing not cancelled is dance, so we still have that. I have been stocking up for weeks, so we are good. I was able to help my parents out, since life did not allow them to prep. I am trying hard not to stress, but it isn't working.

Trying to find green cabbage right now is like trying to find tp. seriously though, the timing just couldn't be worse but hopefully it will show what we are or aren't made of.

My grandkids schools are canceled until April 13 but I think they are doing online as my oldest ds is a teacher and mentioned going in to set it up. My 2nd ds works in the cafeteria at school and still is going in to do breakfast\ lunches to go for kids in need. he starts a state job on the 20th. little league cancelled until further notice along with older grandsons high school baseball games

My oldest dd that is paralyzed, the snf just issued a lockdown. No visitors, no outside food etc. I completely understand as an elderly person died from this in a snf type facility a few miles away. I pay her $700 a month copay and can't go in with a check

The reason for the light hearted joke about cabbage above is because my mind is swirling with what to do. Just bad timing but hopefully wi!l show if I'm up for the challenge. Also, no joke there is no cabbage (I know it's st pats day but darn). I am house hunting, electric wheelchair, hosp bed\supplies and van hunting for my daughter and it has to be done now. the $ was allotted for this but can only stay in her acct for xx of days I was going to open houses today in the rain. Then we were worried how she'd get them (house van)the money since she can't leave. I had forgotten that we did a power of attorney when she had surgery. I had to go digging through boxes in the garage today but found it and it includes financial. Talked to her bank, that's ok. It's just overwhelming with not a lot of help. So forgive me if frazzled. If I was looking for a house and car for me, there would not be a problem but they have to be wheelchair friendly and it's not my money.

Last edited:
Just got the news yesterday that my team is going to be "redeployed" to work in either a call center or in visitor screening for 4-8 hours per week. We're in hospital administration, and we're all willing to do our part to try and lighten the load for our colleagues on the front lines. But, at the same time, we're going to be some drastically over-educated and over-paid call center workers. Plus, I assume, we're going to be expected to get all of our normal work done in what would otherwise have been our off hours.

Just cancelled a local cottage trip we planned in lieu of our Disney trip. We booked last night and cancelled this morning.

It stinks and I am seriously disappointed, but it just felt like it was the more responsible thing to do.

We thought it sounded pretty safe - drive somewhere local, hunker down in a prety cottage, limited people contact, etc etc.

But after reading and reading and reading about the recommendations in Europe and how they are going into lockdown...it just felt more responsible to cancel.

Just got the news yesterday that my team is going to be "redeployed" to work in either a call center or in visitor screening for 4-8 hours per week. We're in hospital administration, and we're all willing to do our part to try and lighten the load for our colleagues on the front lines. But, at the same time, we're going to be some drastically over-educated and over-paid call center workers. Plus, I assume, we're going to be expected to get all of our normal work done in what would otherwise have been our off hours.

oh my god, same here! I get it, but not thrilled that I have to keep going to work on the CTA!

Spring break was this past week, but it has been extended through the end of this week and possibly longer. The daycare is also closed. Neither my husband nor I can work from home and we both need to work. I will likely take our girls into the office with me and work half days.

Trying to keep the teens home is going to be a challenge. We just talked to them this morning about the real need to stay home right now. One works at a grocery store and is scheduled for tons of hours this week. We told them the world just doesn’t shut down for no reason. There is a real reason this is happening and we basic citizens may not even know the half of it. They just don’t understand that.

Trying to keep the teens home is going to be a challenge. We just talked to them this morning about the real need to stay home right now. One works at a grocery store and is scheduled for tons of hours this week. We told them the world just doesn’t shut down for no reason. There is a real reason this is happening and we basic citizens may not even know the half of it. They just don’t understand that.

Had a long conversation with DS17 this morning. He is super disappointed but it helped him to see that I was super disappointed too. We are all trying to mentally prepare ourselves for a 1-2 month lockdown.

Today, DS17 has made his own pizza dough for the first time and is going to make us all pizza for dinner :)

Friend and I have a cruise planned the Royal Caribbean on April 13 and they suspended service for 30 days but plan to be back up April 11. We made the executive decision Friday night to just go ahead and cancel and rebook for later in the year because who knows what’s going to happen in a month. Two weeks ago if you would’ve asked me I would’ve said nope we’re still going well just take precautions wash our hands more often and be diligent but now I think this is the more responsible thing to do even though it sucks.

I still have to work but thankfully we have stuff in place to try and help prevent the spread of it. I work in healthcare not at a hospital but in the healthcare field and have a necessary job to do that I cannot do from home because our company is not equipped for that. Currently they are looking into it because of the situation they realize if something bigger to happen they be screwed. But besides work I’m self quarantining and staying at home. I got groceries on Thursday and I planned enough stuff for two weeks. If I have to stop and get something fresh in the store has it I’ll run in and grab it but my plan is to stay away from almost everything for the next few weeks

Having a good news/bad news weekend.

On the bright side, our cousin is still coming down from Georgia for a Key West trip. We had this trip planned last year and had to cancel because Grandma broke her leg. AND...I rechecked our Airbnb reservation and it is eligible for 100% refund if we have to cancel. So we're good on that trip either way.

We also have a two-week Alaska trip scheduled with 4 Airbnb reservations. The first two are still within the cancellation period. The other two are not, and will carry a 50% penalty if we cancel -- as it stands right now. Alaska only has one covid-19 case at present, but if things get worse, I'm sure Airbnb will adjust.

Our big problem with that trip is our 4 non-refundable airline reservations. So wait and see on that one.

Things have changed quickly here in the last couple days. DH will be working from home indefinitely, so that is the biggest thing for us. No kids in school, so the mandated school closures don't affect us and no booked vacations had to be cancelled.

I am expecting domestic air travel to be shut down sometime in the coming days once the airports clear of leaving UK/Ireland/Canadians citizens and returning US citizens from abroad.

It will definitely be different for me, as I am used to being alone from 7am-5:30pm Monday through Friday and doing my own thing.

I'll update the status of our marriage in two weeks. :p

It will definitely be different for me, as I am used to being alone from 7am-5:30pm Monday through Friday and doing my own thing.

LOL. I actually have an even worse situation coming up. On March 31, DW RETIRES!

I've been retired for quite a while, so it will be interesting to say the least -- especially when DD goes off to college in August (Hopefully!)

My husband and I where/maybe still going to the beach April 25th-28th and visit Disney the 29th. I'm a little nervous over the virus since I work in a chiropractic office and have vulnerable people who come in, not to mention my boss with a weak immune system. The chiro I work with also left Friday night on a plane to Vegas, so I'm worried about that as well to her bringing something unwanted back.

My husband has a job to where he's allowed to work from home and no unnecessary travel. It's probably too much to ask for, but I'm hoping people will be responsible and stay home outside of work/necessary stuff and I can still go (And everyone else can go) but we'll see but obviously it's more important outside of my selfish reasons that people won't die or get sick. Some people are being too careless.

THIS.

Daughter is 18 and a senior. School is now closed this week and maybe next and longer. Senior Prom was next weekend. Postponed at least. All other school activities are canceled for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday, she was out with friends all day late into the evening and had a friend spend the night. Friend is still here. They're baking cookies.

Daughter was already making plans to go skating this afternoon.

Nope. Not happening. You are now limited in where I'll let you go and I MUST know everywhere you are at all times.

These kids have no clue that things are getting shut down FOR A REASON and they can.not.make.their own.plans.to get.together.

In addition, she has well managed lupus and doesn't get why this is serious and that she is in a high risk group.

Had to discuss keeping her hands off her face, wash hands like your scrubbing in for surgery, careful with your phone, use the handsanitizer rolling around in your car under the seat.

Urgh!!!!

Things changed here very quickly this week. Last weekend I actually thought things were normal. Now there’s no school for at least 2 weeks, many are working from home, and the store shelves are empty. A week ago I thought that stuff just happened in other places. I was really even still thinking our April break trip was a go until Friday when the new reality set in. Even Wednesday when I grocery shopped, I grabbed some extra things but I wasn’t that concerned about stocking up and then Thursday it was all gone. What a difference a week makes.

I am in the high risk category. Biologics, lung disease, missing part of a lung, vascular so you get the picture. We went to our usual Sunday brunch at our favorite winery. Made sure to stay 6 foot away from others, sanitized our area, no shaking hands, etc. No worry at all. I was much less comfortable Thursday at our local hospital as I know sick people were there.

Things have changed quickly here in the last couple days. DH will be working from home indefinitely, so that is the biggest thing for us. No kids in school, so the mandated school closures don't affect us and no booked vacations had to be cancelled.

I am expecting domestic air travel to be shut down sometime in the coming days once the airports clear of leaving UK/Ireland/Canadians citizens and returning US citizens from abroad.

Right???? We're all going to be here together. Send help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter