How is Disney Springs lately?

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Specifically how have crowds been? Is it filling to capacity on weekend evenings? Is it impossible to get into World of Disney? Is the Christmas store open? How about Goofy’s Candy Co? I know going during the week would be better, but a weekend may be my only opportunity. Any intel will be greatly appreciated!

It was two weeks ago, but we went Sunday evening 7/5 and it was a little too crowded for my tastes. I didn’t leave, but I thought about it - didn’t linger any longer than needed. Obviously it was coming off a holiday weekend and everyone’s tolerance level for crowds will be different, but I wasn’t jumping up and down to go back for the rest of our WDW stay. When we walked by World of Disney was using a virtual queue, not sure if that is common or not.

I’m guessing things really ebb and flow and we just happened to hit it on a holiday weekend around dinner time, so perfect timing for bigger crowds.

I’m sure those with more DS experience can help on your other questions.

We were there today, but just to get lunch at The Polite Pig. Arrived around 11:00am. Parked in the Orange garage. Ate and left. From what I saw, the crowds weren't terrible, but seemed like a lot of people were arriving when we were leaving.

We were there Saturday around 12 noon and it wasn’t too bad. A few store had a wait to get into : Vera Bradley and Uniqlo were the ones I noticed. We didn’t have to wait to get into World of Disney. Didn’t go to the Christmas store or Goofy’s. We parked in the Orange garage and there were lots of spots when we arrived. We left around 3pm.

Saturday night felt no different than any other Saturday night before Covid. Packed with very little leeway to move 6 feet away from people as you pass them on walkways and such. Lots of people not wearing masks or not wearing them properly. We cancelled our reservation for later this week, we did not feel comfortable there. It’s not at all like the parks.

I was there yesterday for a brief time, lets just say, I don't have plans to go back anytime soon.

There's 0 enforcement.

I have a different view of everything going on than some people on this board, and even I was getting frustrated with the lack of mask wearing. They just don't have the staff there to enforce anything.

I was there yesterday for a brief time, lets just say, I don't have plans to go back anytime soon.

There's 0 enforcement.

I have a different view of everything going on than some people on this board, and even I was getting frustrated with the lack of mask wearing. They just don't have the staff there to enforce anything.

Thank you for letting me know! I too am a bit more “relaxed”, shall we say, compared to some on these boards, but even I have my limits. I definitely don’t want to put myself or my daughter in an unsafe environment. I may just make an ADR at a resort to get my Disney fix and saveDS for a different time.

Specifically how have crowds been? Is it filling to capacity on weekend evenings? Is it impossible to get into World of Disney? Is the Christmas store open? How about Goofy’s Candy Co? I know going during the week would be better, but a weekend may be my only opportunity. Any intel will be greatly appreciated!

If your only option is the weekend I'd advise getting there as early as possible. DS seems to get busier as the day goes on.

The three stores you listed have been open.

Totally agree with everyone else - we were just there at two different points this weekend (Saturday evening for drinks and Sunday morning for brunch), and Saturday night was a mess. Sunday morning was much better.

On Saturday night, it was very crowded, wall-to-wall people walking around, and mask wearing nowhere near the level of compliance we saw everywhere else in WDW. Even if Disney wanted to enforce things better at DS, they simply don't have anywhere near the amount of staff walking around DS as they do in the parks. We were there for drinks at Wine Bar George, and we walked from the east side rideshare drop-off to the wine bar. We walked as fast as we could to our destination (which was totally fine and enjoyable once inside), had our drinks, and did not linger in DS when we were done.

It was better on Sunday morning when we returned for brunch around 10:30. It was not crowded at all when walking around, so we felt totally comfortable then.

If you're worried about crowds, I would think twice before visiting on a weekend evening in particular, and try to time your visit for more of off times if you want to be at DS but not worry about crowds.

We’ve been there twice, but right at opening. By noon it was starting to get too full for my taste. Started feeling uncomfortable. It was a Tuesday and a Sunday. The Sunday was much busier in comparison.

We were there last night (Sunday) at 8:00 pm just to eat at Frontera Cocina - which is happily very close to the Disney bus stop. The restaurant was spacing parties well we thought and we got a lovely table on the outside patio. We watched the nearby bridge and guesstimated 75-80% compliance. The non-compliant folks were mostly those with drinks and chin masks...

The area was busy when we arrived and quieter when we left around 9:30 pm.

I appreciate all the posts about Disney springs on the various threads. The reports of crowds, lower mask compliance, and some restaurants not spacing out tables enough caused us to cancel our dinner ADRs at DS. We'll now be dining just at resorts and parks.

We have been to Disney Springs every week for the past 4 weeks, usually on the weekend, and have eaten at Wine Bar George, Jock Lindsey's, The Boathouse, and Frontera Cocina. We have seen some people walking around without masks on and also not pulled up over their nose. I'd say its a small percentage of people not wearing masks, with the majority of people wearing them properly.

I'll curious to see if the updated policy, that came out Sunday, will change anything or if it's just going to be enforced at the parks. Sure sounds like DS is a bit of the wild west when it comes to maintaining physical distancing and masks.

Later in the evenings they are more crowded, as to be expected since the parks are not open later.

We went Sunday evening, the 12th. It wasn't bad, but it did rain at some point. Goofy's was open, but they weren't selling custom made rice krispy treats. They had some special made ones, like they have at the Confectionary in MK. Candy Cauldron was also open, but we didn't go in.

We were there 7/10 from about 4-9pm and it was packed. Almost no distancing and we saw several people with no masks on. Our experience was so different in MK the next day! We will be returning at the end of August for a week and plan on skipping DS. WOD was so packed and there was no line to get in. I can’t even imagine what it’s like when there is a line!

Yesterday (a Saturday 7/25) was super busy. We drove and tried parking in lime which was closed for some unknown reason which was causing major backups on the roads. It took about 35 minutes to finally park which to me is unacceptable. Once onsite there was a ton a people that seemed like any average day pre covid imo. There was some cast enforcing mask wearing but we saw plenty of people walking and eating/drinking with no mask. Dinner at terralina was good but we don’t plan on going back to Disney springs anytime soon with plenty of other easier places to eat at the resorts where parking is simple. The whole traffic flow there is a total mess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter