How is Concourse Steakhouse

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone
I am so sad, I tried everyday we are there to get a ressie at Le Cellier, and nothing was open, the CM highly recommended that we try Concourse, so I was wanting some opinions from everyone here first....
Thanks

We celebrated my best friend's birthday there and had a great time and wonderful food. The wings were outstanding, our server was excellent.

I was sorry to hear that the Concourse is slated to close permanently in the near future.

The food was incredible! And so much if you are on the DDP. The steak was absloutely incredible as were the mashed potatoes. I remember Dh raving about his scallop appteizer.

I think you will enjoy and you might as well give it a try since it is closing soon! Then you can say, Oh yeah I was there!

When is Concourse to close? This is one of the restaurants we were going to try during our Xmas trip....:goodvibes

We gave up on Concourse Steakhouse a long time ago, so perhaps it has gotten better over the last few years. However, the meals that we have had there were too inconsistent to be enjoyed. Sometimes, the food was good (never great) and sometimes the food was awful. The steaks never seemed to be cooked to the proper temperature and there were a couple times that I simply told the server that everything was "fine" when asked, even while I ate a steak that was mid well when I requested mid rare, just to keep the meal moving along and not raise a fuss. It's a shame seeing that the venue is so cool, what with the monorail whisking through every few minutes and whatnot.

When is Concourse to close? This is one of the restaurants we were going to try during our Xmas trip....:goodvibes

It's scheduled to close in either March or April 2008. It's replacement is named "The Wave" and will be located on the first floor (former location of the food & fun center). The new restaurant will feature an Asian inspired menu so I guess steak will not be on the new menu.

It's scheduled to close in either March or April 2008. It's replacement is named "The Wave" and will be located on the first floor (former location of the food & fun center). The new restaurant will feature an Asian inspired menu so I guess steak will not be on the new menu.

Wow - thanks for the specifics! :goodvibes

We ate there in May and it was the best dinner of our trip. Service was excellent (thanks Lori). I had the wing appetizer, and steak/potato dinner. It was fabulous. The Concourse has a steak on the kids menu too which my kids loved.

We liked Concourse much better than Le Cellier! We try and go everytime we are at WDW!

I really like this place and I'm really sad that it's going to be going away:sad2: ... We go there at least once every trip for a nice quiet lunch.

I don't know anything about Concourse but if you have trouble getting there, try the steak (filet) at KONA CAFE at the Polynesian Resort. I found the price to be better than some other places and it is cooked perfectly to order! The mahi mahi is delicious too and desserts are to die for.

Anyway ... thought I would throw that in. We ate at Le Cellier also and it is wonderful but we have eaten at Kona three times now and always wonderful! Good luck - sorry you didn't manage to get Le Cellier :thumbsup2

Love eating there, Go if you can they are closing soon.

We just ate there on Tuesday--it was the first time I'd been there, and I was pleasantly surprised. The ribeye I had was cooked perfectly medium and had a wonderful seasoning. I am sad to hear they are closing--it was one of the best steaks I've had on property (and I've eaten a LOT of WDW steaks!)

Anyone know if I can order a cake there? I looked on the cake thread, but didn't see anything for Concourse, and wanted to surprise DH with a cake.

While we were there, someone celebrated a birthday next to us and had a cake brought out.

During our Dec. trip, the Concourse was our favorite meal-better than Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter