How intense is Indiana Jones?

Agree with the majority of PP's that Indy is a bit more intense that Dino. Certainly has a better storyline.

I LOVE Indy! I always try to sit in the back row on the end on the right side (so i'm up close to the snake) and then I put my feet down and stand the whole time (while wearing the seatbelt of course!). It's the best and most exciting way to ride!

ETA: I've never been to AK so I have no idea what the Dino ride is like, but ToT/Guardians is completely different to me. I love that ride too.

Another Indy fan here. Dinosaur may use the same ride mechanics, but the story and theme of Indy is so much more fun. It’s the same reason that Radiator Springs Racers is better than Test Track IMO.

My husband loves Indy. I can take it or leave it. Our oldest is the only one who's ridden as our others weren't tall enough. She doesn't love it, but I think it is the theme that scares her not the ride itself as she'll ride any coaster and do drop towers in a heartbeat (she went on the one at Great America by herself). Similarly she LOVES Guardians but disliked TOT. Guardians is more intense, but the theming is less scary. Our son has passed 46 inches finally so we'll be taking him on Indy next trip as he wants to try it out. But...I wouldn't be surprised if it is a one and done for him.

As far as height requirements, they sometimes vary on similar rides. This is especially true at non Disney parks like Six Flags where they have IDENTICAL rides with different requirements in So Cal vs Nor Cal.

ETA: I've never been to AK so I have no idea what the Dino ride is like, but ToT/Guardians is completely different to me. I love that ride too.

You're not missing much. Dinosaur uses the exact same ride layout - every turn, every drop is there. And the same ride vehicles. Oddly enough I'd venture to say after 17 trips to Disneyworld, Dinosaurs' vehicles can feel more aggressive to me than Indiana Jones. I was lucky enough to stand in those 4-hour lines back in 1995 for Indiana Jones and can attest that they've toned the hydraulics on those vehicles down a lot since opening day, but depending on where you sit - the rear sides are more intense vs sitting in the middle/middle or middle/front seats. Maybe Dinosaur feels more intense because for a majority of the ride you're sitting in absolute pitch black being used as a human shake weight. Your mileage may vary. :)

I'm a little late to the convo on this one, but I want to add that while it's one of my all-time favorites at DLR, I second what an earlier member said about it being loud as well as jerky. It's very loud. Like unnecessarily loud (and not just because I'm of a certain age where I no longer appreciate music playing so loud the windows vibrate).

Also, sit up front (in the middle seats) if you want a less-thrilling (read: less motion-sickness-inducing) experience - I'm very prone to motion and it's all about the right seat. I swear this year I'm bringing earplugs!

I hate roller coasters but I love the Indiana Jones movies so I took a chance and rode the the Indy ride once several years ago and it turned out that was enough. I left the ride with a big headache that lasted the rest of the day. So while tempted (because I love the IDEA of Indiana Jones) I have never ridden it again because I didn’t want a headache all day. I don’t know anything about Dinosaur but if it’s as intense as Indiana Jones I think I’ll skip it (assuming I ever get to Disney World). Star Tours and Radiator Springs Racers are as intense as I need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter