How important is the Universal Express Unlimited

The only problem with unlimited express passes is that once you experience them you will always want them. I’ve done it without a few times then with and I’m never going back. Even if crowds are manageable express passes will save hours of waiting in line. Easily a couple of hours per day - probably more. Those are hours you could be riding more rides, having a nice meal, relaxing by the pool etc.

If it were me I’d splurge on Portofino. Or check on the cost of purchasing unlimited express and staying at cabana or adventure.

We normally go the 2nd week of June, staying offsite, with no EP. We've never missed it. The crowd levels at that time are manageable and we've ridden everything we wanted to, and usually been out of the parks by 2pm.

We do a week's stay and do the Harry Potter stuff late in the evening on our arrival day. Very low wait times. We rope drop mornings (no EE offsite), and ride most things with minimal wait times. I think 30 min tops for Spiderman and Transformers. Mummy, MIB, JP, very fast lines. We leave when the lines start getting long, and either come back after 6 or decide to be done for the day.

So it's very doable even with no perks in early June.

I am going the 2nd week of June as well and I'm getting EP because I'm worried it's the start of the busy season. Plus, it's our first time and might want to rides some things twice. Looking at crown calendars it seems pretty busy at that time.

I've only been to Universal Orlando twice, both times with express pass. I wouldn't ever consider going without. It makes the day so much easier.

So true.

We were going into the EP line for Minions which was completely empty.......we over heard a mother say to her son at the entrance he had a choice of over an hour wait for Minions or 45 minutes for Shrek.........she wouldn’t do both....

To do both would take them 2 hours.

EP is easier and much more fun than waiting in line which we hate to do, and won’t.

We stayed last month at the Portofino Club Level. Something about the eyes were way off. It’s like they were fake eggs.

Anyways - Express Pass helped us a lot but not on every ride. We went the week after Easter and I think it was a slow time. For example the Express Pass line on MIB and a few other rides was no different(walk on). But for the popular attractions you defentily are waiting no longer than 10-15mins.

Its really worth it, especially because you are not trying to be there open to close, you can move around a lot more when you dont have hour or more waits everywhere you go.
SeaWorld I really suggest the unlimited food pass. because of those two passes we had the best vacation ever. If you are going to spend all that money going then you should go big. ( In the end it wasn't that much more, we would have spent almost that much on a hotel anyways)

Its really worth it, especially because you are not trying to be there open to close, you can move around a lot more when you dont have hour or more waits everywhere you go.
SeaWorld I really suggest the unlimited food pass. because of those two passes we had the best vacation ever. If you are going to spend all that money going then you should go big. ( In the end it wasn't that much more, we would have spent almost that much on a hotel anyways)

I went to Universal Studios Hollywood a few years ago without it and it was awful. I went to Unicersal Studios Orlando last year and stayed at the Royal Pacific specifically for Express Pass. It was a holiday weekend and it made our trip! We are doing WDW and Universal this August and staying at the Royal Pacific again specifically for the Express Pass Unlimited benefit. As a family of 4, it is a no brainer and I would not go to universal without it—unless it was the middle of the week in a slow season.

I agree. If you can get the express passes then get them. My husband will not go without them now!

How about having EE but no express passes the first week of November and only riding rides early and late in the day? Buying 2 days getting 3 free we could also save money getting base tickets since we don't care about the potter train?

How about having EE but no express passes the first week of November and only riding rides early and late in the day? Buying 2 days getting 3 free we could also save money getting base tickets since we don't care about the potter train?

Google free crowd calendar. Jersey week may be in play. Have been there during, bit of uptick the first weekend

Regardless, If you will be in parks for 5 days, you will surely get everything done a few times.

Is it your first trip? the train is one of my favorite features of the HP installation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter