How I saved $ when I bought my first AP

Newbie500

Mouseketeer
I recently returned from WDW. Before going I purchased a 6 day ticket through UT when they were selling adult tickets at child prices (they do this several times a year) so I saved a little there. Then I bought Disney gift cards at Target using my Red Card and saved a little there. When I got to the parks and before my last day on my 6 day ticket, I upgraded to an AP and received full Disney value for the 6 day ticket and paid for the difference in the cost of the upgrade using the gift cards. Just putting this out there in case it helps someone else!

Thanks for sharing… although this is not a new “hack”.

It’s been talked about on the Budget Board more times than I can remember. It’s probably been a while since it was spelled out though, because of AP sales being suspended for so long due to the pandemic and then again so soon after Disney rolled out the Magic Key program.

I know the Target GC hack is still being shared over on the BB pretty regularly, with people posting about specific times when buying the GCs is particularly advantageous, due to extra savings or bonuses.

It’s frequently suggested as a way to essentially get a discount on rooms, packages, & even cruises. There’s even a website that allows you to combine the value of all of your GCs so you don’t have to keep track of (sometimes) dozens of cards with varying amounts on them.

You might want to regularly check over there so that you can find out the best times to stock upon Disney GCs, so that you’ll have them on hand to take to the parks with your new AP. And find out how to use them into the greatest advantage. :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter