How have your Disney resort needs changed now that you have teenagers?

I think we all have changed as a family. When we started going to Disney, budget was super important. As the kids got older and we became more secure in our finances, we could loosen the purse strings a bit more and not always have to be at a certain resort and do other things to save money. The kids are more into the food and the pools now. They still enjoy the parks, but a few hours and they are ready to go swimming. I am pretty happy about that too. A few hours in the crowds and heat and I am ready for a break. We try and get a two bedroom villa if we can. Everyone likes there space and privacy is much more important to them as teens. I try and book more experiences now than I used to. Maybe because I think they will remember them as opposed to when they are younger. My son is off the college next year and my daughter is 15 and I am all about making memories right now. This trip we have horse back riding and a dessert party. Trying to find a way to fit in a fishing trip, but I don't think we have the time.

In saying all of that, it has changed a lot as they got older.

Since my 3 have gotten older, we actually need LESS space than when they were little since there's no crib, car seat or nanny to contend with. My gosh we traveled with so much luggage back then! Twice we forgot items at the airport and DH had to go back and get it. They became quieter and got along better, as well. So actually, our room size shrank considerably- there was a time when a 3 bedroom villa was what we needed. We used to trade for own ski condo quite a bit back then, OKW & Marriott mostly.

Last time they were all teens, and we stayed in a 5-person room at the YC- they put US to bed and THEY stayed out! It was a bit crowded but it was rare that all of us were there- basically only at bedtime. It's walking distance to Epcot, which has been their favorite park ever since they outgrew Magic Kingdom a long time ago.

Now they are all young adults, 26, 24 and 20, and don't live in the same places. My daughter graduates from her master's program in May, and the youngest wraps up his sophomore year in college a few days later. I have reservations for that 5 person room at the YC for five nights. I asked each of them individually and they all want us to be in the same little room. "Like old times" (said by the 20 y.o.). :)

They just can't wait. WDW is a place where we made so many lovely memories over the years. We were going down to the Caymans afterwards but maybe we'll just be at WDW the whole time. Maybe we'll just dive in the tank at Epcot!

Last edited:
Biggest difference for when I took my first trip as a teenager was instead of character meals, we now go to the fancier restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter