How has Covid POSITIVELY affected your lives?

JentheGreat

Earning My Ears
My wife and I sit and gamble on blackjack. The money will ultimately go to gas... we take turns dealer/player.

yeah, I realize that this is edit #2. This doesn't belong in strategies. I also want to state... it's brought us closer.

Finally getting around to organizing and doing some things around the house we hadn’t slowed down enough to do.

My family and I are usually very busy after work or on the weekends. This has slowed us down. We haven’t been on a crazy rushed schedule. We take nice long walks around the neighborhood and spend so much more time together.

I've been able to spend a lot of time with my kids doing fun stuff we haven't had time for. With four kids and a crazy schedule, our life is one hectic thing after another. It's one reason we love Disney so much. We can all get away together. This has been a season of rest for us and a time to connect. I just want to make sure I don't let it pass in a blur of complaining about homeschooling/being home/etc... I want to enjoy our time together.

I get to spend money on stuff that I have been putting off. Next thing I'm buying is a coffee brewer for my home. I always just got it at work.

Organizing and getting rid off items that belonged to my mother (this was her apt first). It's been a while and it's time to move on since she lives in my memories, thoughts and heart not her belongings.

More time with DGD and the ability to see her working in a class like setting regularly. I know better what her teachers mean when they say they want her to speak up more in class.

Better acceptance of how the man is getting older.

My college daughters are home. My husband and I are working from home. We’ve had more family time in the past two weeks than we have in years. Our house is sparkling clean and organized. We’ve been playing board games and doing puzzles. We’ve been eating like kings (for now!)

I can't really name personal positives. I haven't been very productive at home. I'm wasting a lot of time.

However, I am seeing amazing things on social media and have found inspiration in many of the musicians and artists putting out content.

I’m getting more phone calls instead of texts. It’s actually been quite enjoyable. The other day I posted on FB my grocery list for my DH: whatever you can get. That night my brother and sister in law called after sharing a bottle of wine wanting to know what he scored. We laughed for a good 45mins and the call ended with an invitation to drive 6hrs to come have dinner. 🤣 That led to me laughing and texting with my daughter about it. It’s actually making me more social.

It's forced my DH to stop working so many hours in the office and we get to see him more often.

I'm taking walks with my family.

I now refer to our cats as my coworkers and I complain about my coworkers on social media quite frequently. One of my coworkers got himself in a box today and wouldn't get out. He's taking conference calls in the box now.

I'm getting a whole lot of yard work done. One more week and I'll have a hole big enough for another fig tree in my backyard.

My sister is now in our state as of 2 weeks ago, got a new puppy, is allowed now to telecommute, and is training her new puppy...and the dog is adorable. She's talked for years about wanting to do this.

Our garage is now more organized than ever before.

DH has started putting together his Star Wars Lego sets like he's been talking about for months.

My kids are so bored that they’ve resorted to (gasp!) actually wanting to spend time with dh and me. We’ve been watching movies,playing games and just hanging out with each other which is really nice.

Started off strong cleaning the house.
I have greatly enjoyed not driving in Atlanta traffic.
We made a fun family video of the Haunted Mansion
The kids already have ideas for other videos.
We've set up a full-fledged ninja course in the backyard
The kids have spent TONS of time outside, even playing in the sprinkler today.
I've been able to knock out several projects around the house...

If I get blocked again,this was fun

take a minute and watch guardians of galaxyDisneyland with Jackson 5 soundtrack

I can't really name personal positives. I haven't been very productive at home. I'm wasting a lot of time.

However, I am seeing amazing things on social media and have found inspiration in many of the musicians and artists putting out content.

then you can’t say you haven’t been productive. Your mind is opening up to artistic realizations other than practical.

Started off strong cleaning the house.
I have greatly enjoyed not driving in Atlanta traffic.
We made a fun family video of the Haunted Mansion
The kids already have ideas for other videos.
We've set up a full-fledged ninja course in the backyard
The kids have spent TONS of time outside, even playing in the sprinkler today.
I've been able to knock out several projects around the house...
That was great! Love the buggy getting stuck included. 🤣 Have you seen the Pirates one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter