How Hard To Get A Studio At Riviera?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Hi DVC friends!

We rent points yearly for our WDW stays and are considering booking Riviera for NEXT October/November. I know this resort is new, but how hard has it been lately to secure a studio room here? It sleeps 5, correct?

The studios, NOT tower studios, sleep 5. Next Oct/Nov 2021 will be almost impossible. The 50th will start Oct 1 and fall is always busy in a regular year, the 50th will make it very tough. Be ready to find a renter a year ahead and have them book 11 months at 8am. Good luck.

The studios, NOT tower studios, sleep 5. Next Oct/Nov 2021 will be almost impossible. The 50th will start Oct 1 and fall is always busy in a regular year, the 50th will make it very tough. Be ready to find a renter a year ahead and have them book 11 months at 8am. Good luck.

Not to mention all the people with a backlog of points that they didn't use in 2020. The minute this virus is mostly behind us (early estimates are mid-2021), DVC will be extremely busy.

@BillPA I agree. And that's without millions of Covid points floating around from people sitting on the sidelines right now, with points to burn. 11 months, 8AM.

I think something like 11 months at AKL/SSW, which are just huge, less desirable properties. But yea, you're going to have to get on that one soon.

I do think RIV will be available with cash. It's only 20% sold out, and that's not changing much in the next year.

I agree that this very well may come to pass. But up until now pretty much everything outside of Tower Studios has been pretty easy to book. Of course Riviera was only open 3-4 months before a worldwide pandemic stuck. So not exactly a perfect time for a case study. All levels of studios are pretty much completely sold out for November and December of 2020 though.

Last year, the studios in the SV category went pretty fast during that timeframe, as in gone on the first day or so...depending on the actual dates,

PV lasted longer, but not that much and definitely gone for many dates by 7 months,

So, if wanted RIV, you have to find a RIV owner and as mentioned already, find one now who is willing to do it right at 11 months at 8 am.

Thank you everyone for your perspective :) We would fully intend to have a renter lined up at the 11 month window. That's how we generally do things. Of course, now my kids have informed me they'd rather do Beach Club :p

The smallest WDW DVC resort (BCV) on the 50th anniversary in the hottest class of reservation, with millions of spare Covid points floating around?

Probably want to make a cash booking at good ole Caribbean Beach when that opens up. They have a 5th sleeper. Or Yacht Club, if you fancy.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your perspective :) We would fully intend to have a renter lined up at the 11 month window. That's how we generally do things. Of course, now my kids have informed me they'd rather do Beach Club :p

That may be good because I have seen very few RIV owners offering points to be used for rentals,

Although, you will want to search now for a BCV owner too because those go even faster.

Got someone for Riviera :)
Make sure you don't respond to any private messages from people you didn't initiate the contact. That's how others get scammed. There are some really shady people scanning the DIS looking for unsuspecting renters. Report any private messages you get to the Webmaster on the DIS.

Make sure you don't respond to any private messages from people you didn't initiate the contact. That's how others get scammed. There are some really shady people scanning the DIS looking for unsuspecting renters. Report any private messages you get to the Webmaster on the DIS.
Yes, 100%. We responded to his post on the Rent/Trade board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter