How hard is it to get Navi for a 4th FP?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Of course we are booking FOP for our tier 1 FP, if I can manage to get one.
We would also like to ride Navi.
How hard is it to get our 4th FP for it?

I didn't find it difficult at all in December and April, for two people. It might take a little extra refreshing, but I always got what I wanted eventually.

Yes if you or someone in your party don't mind refreshing the app there is a good chance, my dd and I take turns. We got a 4th for Navi between Christmas and New Years last year for 6 :)

Of course you have to be aware that you may not get one and if you do - consider it a bonus :) We didn't tell my niece we were even trying until after we got one as not to get her hopes up.

I'm hoping to do this for our trip in September, so I've been randomly trying, and always have been able to get a Navi fastpass, and usually am able to modify it to within an hour of the current time. Caveat being I've only been trying for two, but yea, always been able to get it.

We got day-of Fastpasses for Navi twice earlier this month. Both times were for 2 people, around dinnertime (5:00-6:30ish) and the windows I got were opening in just 15 minutes both times. Just a few refreshes was all it took. Got FoP at the same time as well but those required a few more refreshes!

I had FOP come up twice while refreshing for a party of 5 but never saw Navi. I was probably on the app for 2 hours total throughout the day refreshing for different FPs. Did not see it once in that time. So my experience was that it was harder than FOP but there is definitely an element of luck there. And if you're looking for a smaller party that should make it easier.

I got Navi for our family of 5 last Sunday. It was our 5th or 6th FP of the day (and we had hopped to our FP park, so our FPs didnt even start til 2:45). Got it for 7:45 pm at about 6:30 pm. Broke our party into 2 groups (one of 2 and one of 3) and did some refreshing. Was so excited when I could make it work!

Yes. Or you can always keep hitting the same search time. (I often went back and forth between a general time like afternoon and a specific time like 4:30) The offerings will change, though maybe not every time you hit it.

Back in late January, we refreshed constantly for an extra Navi FP for 3 for awhile, and we never got it.

(We had a rider swap for FoP, and I wanted to take our younger two kids on Navi while DW and DS1 rode FoP. But since we never got the FP, I just took the younger ones to the Boneyard, and they were happy!)

On other days, Test Track and Soarin' were easy in the late afternoon/evening, with constant refreshes. Everything at HS was possible - ToT being harder than TSM and RNRC, but still possible. Characters were surprisingly easy.

The mountains in MK, Frozen, FoP and Navi were the most rare / impossible.

I was there last week and never saw Na'Vi pop up once and I was able to score lots of FP+ for a party of 7 throughout our 7 days. We waited for na'Vi in the morning and it was around a half hour. It was a quick wait and probably one of the only standby lines we did all week.

I'm hoping to do this for our trip in September, so I've been randomly trying, and always have been able to get a Navi fastpass, and usually am able to modify it to within an hour of the current time. Caveat being I've only been trying for two, but yea, always been able to get it.
This is good to hear! There will only be 2 of us.

I had FOP come up twice while refreshing for a party of 5 but never saw Navi. I was probably on the app for 2 hours total throughout the day refreshing for different FPs. Did not see it once in that time. So my experience was that it was harder than FOP but there is definitely an element of luck there. And if you're looking for a smaller party that should make it easier.
That is awesome that FOP came up. I think you just need to know how to work the FP system by continuing to refresh. It is odd that Navi never popped up.

Of course we are booking FOP for our tier 1 FP, if I can manage to get one.
We would also like to ride Navi.
How hard is it to get our 4th FP for it?

We were there 1st week of February this year. Bear in mind that this is supposed to be slow season and we were there for 2 weeks and only looking for 2 FPs.

I spent insane amounts of park time stuck to my phone refreshing like mad, missing out on stuff because my attention was focussed on the screen. Not once did I see a headline FP available in any park on any day that we were there. In fact most days the only availability was for things you don’t even need FPP for.

In AK on one day we were there there were literally no FP available for any ride before 6pm, and it was 11am. Just ridiculous!

Magic Kingdom was the worst. Between 11am and 5pm most days there was nothing. So frustrating.

That said, we had prebooked two lots of FP for FoP and I had to cancel both sets due to our circumstances changing, so I didn’t get to ride it. But it did give me a warm glow knowing that someone somewhere else on property will have been made very happy when my two cancelled FPs showed up on their screen as available.

I have to say, my experience made me think that FPP is either too popular (and I can see why Disney might choose to charge for it in the future to reduce usage!) or they are fiddling with the algorithms and making it so that certain people don’t see the big rides...

or they are fiddling with the algorithms and making it so that certain people don’t see the big rides...

Yes. Not that they are manipulating it so that certain people don't get rides but so that certain people have better experiences with it (with other things like party size and crowd level being equal). I have no proof of that of course. But based on what I have read here, the experiences I had in the parks, info from a software engineer coworker, and common sense i believe that is the case. If you understand how to use the tool, how to refresh, are persistently refreshing for solid blocks of time, and still can't get headliners it may well not be anything you are doing wrong but that you are not in Disney's target FP demographics. And since no one knows exactly what those are, there's probably not much you can do to change it. I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience with it. My experience is middle of the road. Not as great as some, not as bad as others so I consider myself lucky.

How are you checking FP's? confused.

Dan

We could not get a 4th for it on May 15 after refreshing for a while. We did have a group of 6 though so that could have something to do with it.

Side note: If you haven’t ridden it, go on it if you can even if you have a little wait! We got to ride it the next night with no line at DVC’s Moonlight Magic event - I enjoyed it more than expected after reading the reviews on here. It’s not FOP obviously, but in my opinion it’s still something to see. I would have waited a little bit to see it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter