How hard is it to get in the virtual queue for Guardians?

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
We will be at Epcot tomorrow and I would like to get in the virtual queue for Guardians at 7:00 am. How fast does it book up? We had issues today trying to get our Hollywood Studios lightning lanes because the system wasn’t working right. This has me worried for tomorrow…

Sounds like it is popular, but not as bad as RoTR was. It also could be that they have more spots available as GoTG doesn't sound like it has gone down as often as Rise did.

We will be at Epcot tomorrow and I would like to get in the virtual queue for Guardians at 7:00 am. How fast does it book up? We had issues today trying to get our Hollywood Studios lightning lanes because the system wasn’t working right. This has me worried for tomorrow…
Well, how'd you do?

GOTG is proving to be very efficient and moving 'em through. it also doesn't break down as much as Rise.

Looks like 1 PM works for much longer if you're in the park and want to try for that.
Too efficient!! i got group 60 or so today for 2:30...perfect as family lands at 11. now it got moved up to estimated 1230!! Question....will they take my boarding group if I don't show up until about 60 minutes after it's called?

Too efficient!! i got group 60 or so today for 2:30...perfect as family lands at 11. now it got moved up to estimated 1230!! Question....will they take my boarding group if I don't show up until about 60 minutes after it's called?
We got boarding group 8 - which was early for us - it was called at 9:10, we hustled, but didn’t make it there til after 10:30. They scanned us right through without any comment, no issue at all.

This is my concern for arrival day too. Should I even attempt the 7am drop if I know we won’t be in the park until 3:00? Now that they do another drop at 1:00 I wondered if the 7am was morning slots and the 1:00 was for afternoon? We won’t be in the park yet at 1:00 so I can’t try then.

I agree, almost too efficient! 😂. Getting group 6 threw off my whole plan for the morning. I was thinking we’d end up with a higher group and get called back much later in the day. It throws off the “efficiency” of the plan and calls for a lot more walking and back tracking, but it was well worth it!

Slightly hijacking this thread.

I have 9 people in MDE, but only 7 are going this trip. I tried to delete the other two with no success.

When I go to hit the Join Virtual Queue and select all, will the two people without park passes/tickets just not get a boarding group by default? Or will I have to manually select the 7 people I want to join? If so, will this drastically impact my chances of obtaining a BG by "slowing" me down?

Slightly hijacking this thread.

I have 9 people in MDE, but only 7 are going this trip. I tried to delete the other two with no success.

When I go to hit the Join Virtual Queue and select all, will the two people without park passes/tickets just not get a boarding group by default? Or will I have to manually select the 7 people I want to join? If so, will this drastically impact my chances of obtaining a BG by "slowing" me down?
There's a pre-selection function before time, so even if it did (I think it won't) you can do that ahead of time anyway.

my plan is to sign up before I board a plane. it'll be the only shot for the day since I land at 1, so I won't be able to be in Epcot then

I agree, almost too efficient! 😂. Getting group 6 threw off my whole plan for the morning. I was thinking we’d end up with a higher group and get called back much later in the day. It throws off the “efficiency” of the plan and calls for a lot more walking and back tracking, but it was well worth it!
Same here - we did it twice this past week, and got boarding group 4 and then 1 and had to rush out of the room to make it on time.

Hmm, we arrive on a Saturday, and my plan was to get ILL for guardians from the airport in the morning, and because I expected them to go quickly, figured it would likely be evening return times. Reading this, I’m starting to get afraid that they don’t go quickly enough (what a problem, huh!) and we’ll get times too early. Ideally I’d like post 6pm times. Anyone that’s been there, any suggestions? Is virtual queue a better option in this scenario?
(We won’t be in the park by 1, so no dice for that option.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter