How hard is it to get FP+ for SDD?

My FP day was today and they only had 4:30 or later available 60+5 right at 6 am. In looking at Touring Plans FP availability, each day but the first day has some availability left so you might be ok.

When's the last time you went to WDW? Idk if something's changed in the last couple months, but they were checking that everyone in the party had FP+ before giving a rider swap

I've been doing rider swap for about 4 years now since my oldest's first trip and the way it has always worked for us was that all the initial group all needed fp, and the rider swap is then issued for up to 3 guests to go in the 2nd group, so those riders don't require a fp as they are using the rider swap. The Disney Parks moms panel has also stated that this is the way it continues to work with the digital rider swap. This will be my first trip since digital rider swap began. I am hopeful that this is what is occurring in the parks and have read reports of it working this way for SDD. It certainly is confusing for guests for the system to work different ways on different rides and different ways for the same ride on different days!

My 60 day mark was today- was online right at 6am- party of 5
60+2- could have gotten it at night but earliest time was after 6pm- we decided to get Toy Story Mania instead and maybe try to robe drop Slinky
60+ 4- got Slinky at 2:45- earliest we could get it

Both HS days Slinky was gone the next time I looked 20 minutes later

I had no problem with 60+1 for Spring Break 2 weeks ago. Seemed like lots of people thought it was easier than it had been

SDD is defintely hard to get but always keep checking. I got SDD 16 days out for 4 people at 9:40 am which was a perfect time for us since we were leaving mid-day to head home. The standby line was 135 minutes long. I have not ever been able to get 7DMT though.

I've been doing rider swap for about 4 years now since my oldest's first trip and the way it has always worked for us was that all the initial group all needed fp, and the rider swap is then issued for up to 3 guests to go in the 2nd group, so those riders don't require a fp as they are using the rider swap. The Disney Parks moms panel has also stated that this is the way it continues to work with the digital rider swap. This will be my first trip since digital rider swap began. I am hopeful that this is what is occurring in the parks and have read reports of it working this way for SDD. It certainly is confusing for guests for the system to work different ways on different rides and different ways for the same ride on different days!
Several months back, there was a long thread where what you're talking about was discussed. As far as I can remember, the consensus was that the previous practice ("loophole") of only needing FP+ for the first group was being eliminated. (There was much debate over whether parents should be allowed to "double up" on FP+, or if it was justified bc those of us with small kids have overall less touring time bc it takes double+ the time for two groups to go through rides....)

We've been since digital rider swap was instituted, and at most of the rides we went on (including I know at SDD, 7DMT, BTMRR, and Splash) CMs made sure everyone in our party, including both the first and second sets of riders, had FP+ before they would make the digital rider swaps.

The practice was to check FP+ (everyone has to be present, including the child not riding), then the CM would replace the second groups FP+ with a new time (usually set to begin when they expected the first group to exit the ride).

You may have a different experience. Not trying to be judgmental, just wanted to warn you they they may check that everyone has FP+.

I got mine +7 and that was the only time I tried. I think we got mid-morning (10:45'ish).

Several months back, there was a long thread where what you're talking about was discussed. As far as I can remember, the consensus was that the previous practice ("loophole") of only needing FP+ for the first group was being eliminated. (There was much debate over whether parents should be allowed to "double up" on FP+, or if it was justified bc those of us with small kids have overall less touring time bc it takes double+ the time for two groups to go through rides....)

We've been since digital rider swap was instituted, and at most of the rides we went on (including I know at SDD, 7DMT, BTMRR, and Splash) CMs made sure everyone in our party, including both the first and second sets of riders, had FP+ before they would make the digital rider swaps.

The practice was to check FP+ (everyone has to be present, including the child not riding), then the CM would replace the second groups FP+ with a new time (usually set to begin when they expected the first group to exit the ride).

You may have a different experience. Not trying to be judgmental, just wanted to warn you they they may check that everyone has FP+.
There's a digital rider swap thread over on the Disney for Families forum. People are continuing to post with their experiences concerning this. You might want to check that out. For me, I'm making FP for all of us just in case. Not sure that's necessary though.

There's a digital rider swap thread over on the Disney for Families forum. People are continuing to post with their experiences concerning this. You might want to check that out. For me, I'm making FP for all of us just in case. Not sure that's necessary though.
Thanks. We make FP+ for everyone who even *might* ride (we've never used the strategy of only booking for the first group riding). I have pretty significant anxiety that prevents me from doing things that could even possibly cause us trouble.

We don't go for almost a year and I'm hoping by then the Star Wars stuff will be using FP+ so that will open up more FP for SDD but otherwise I need to decide whether to try for 60+3 or do HS after our rest day so hopefully we can get there before RD.

FP day was today for us, got SDD at 60+5 at 2:50, earliest time I could grab for a party of 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter