How hard is it to get 1BR MK view at BLT

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
Sorry if this has been asked 3 billion times already, but are my odds pretty good at being able to book a week in a MK view 1BR at BLT at 7 months?

We have a contract and bought enough points to where we would be able to book this at 11 months.....until.....they redid the points and now we are 2 points short, so now we either have to wait until 7 months out or we can book 6 nights at 11 months and then try to add another night at 7 months.

We are planning on June 2 through June 9, 2014.

Thanks!
Erin

Sorry if this has been asked 3 billion times already, but are my odds pretty good at being able to book a week in a MK view 1BR at BLT at 7 months?

We have a contract and bought enough points to where we would be able to book this at 11 months.....until.....they redid the points and now we are 2 points short, so now we either have to wait until 7 months out or we can book 6 nights at 11 months and then try to add another night at 7 months.

We are planning on June 2 through June 9, 2014.

That time period is not a super busy time. Not sure how many MK view rooms there are, but 1 bedrooms are the least popular rooms, so to a first approximation I'd say you're likely to be OK.

However, if you're really just 2 points short, you have several options. First, are you saying you're just 2 points short in your yearly allocation? Or 2 points short if you borrow everything you can? If it's the former, just borrow the 2 points. Yes, that means next year you'll have to borrow 4 points, and so forth. Eventually you'll need to only go 6 nights, and then you'll be back in business for several more years.

If you're 2 points short even if you borrow to the hilt, you can buy 2 single-use points for (I think) $15 per point. So for $30 your problem is solved.

However, if you booked 6 nights at 11 months and then just added the last night at 7 months, I think you'd have pretty good luck.

At 7 months out for that time in June you should be able to easily get a 1BR Theme Park view at BLT. However, like the poster above,I wonder why you just don't borrow the two points from the next use year when you book 11 months out. (Note that purchasing one time use points for $15 a piece from DVD can only be done at 7 months out.)

Sorry, I should have elaborated. We have 2 contracts- one at AKV and one at BLT. We do bank and borrow so that every third year we stay at BLT and the other years we stay at AKV.

We bought 113 BLT points and we bank and borrow so that every third year , we have 339 points to use. At the time we purchased, a 1BR theme park view was 337 points so we had 2 unused points....but now for our regular timeframe, it is 341 points, so we are now 2 points short and have no other BLT points to be able to borrow from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter