How good is Jiko?

totallydisney

Mouseketeer
I need one more last ps, Have any of you been there lately, and any suggestions on what to order? Is the dress code casual, or fancy? Any and all help accepted. Thanks

The food and service are wonderful..we have eaten many times.

As far as dress code..you will see a lot of people dressed a little nicer..but, also people dressed more casual. Just depends on where they are coming from. Hubby usually wears nice shorts/shirt, or khakis/nice shirt. I usuall wear a sundress, or capris and a nice top.

my husband orders the filet w/mac and cheese. this is fabulous mac/cheese. i have ordered for my entree keyanan coffee BBQ'd chicken flatbread. i have had this serval times. the salmon is also very good. just about anything on the menu is wonderful.:tongue:

How good is Jiko?

Good. Very, very, very good. You cannot go wrong by eating here...it's not to be missed for us.

We would advise you order the tuna tartare appetizer, if its still being offered. Dress code is casual.

UMMMMM..Jiko! We love it!

The filet and mac and cheese is so good. It sounds like a weird combo, but this is no way mac and cheese from the blue box.:D

Sous chef Anthony has his own receipt for pistachio creme brulee that is out of this world. The duck and pork fire cracker is also very good.

When we went on the Sunset Safari in March, we got to try 4 appitizers, 4 entrees and 4 dessets. Now that is living!:D :D

Mmmm! Pistachio creme brulee! One of my favorite things at Jiko. Jiko has been one of our can't miss restaurants on every trip since it opened.

Jiko is awesome. Our favorite (and IMO best) restaurant on Disney property. Filet with mac & cheese is great, but so is the pork tenderloin and many of the fish dishes. Wine list is all South African wines and it is great fun to try wines that, in many cases, are not available anywhere else in the US. It is also a beautiful, elegant restaurant with great service. You cannot go wrong there!

If you're looking to have a unique interactive experience, don't have a PS and don't want to wait long for a table, ask about The Cooking Place (Jiko's Tapas bar) You can order off of the regular menu if you'd like, but their tapas selection is great and the chefs preparing food in front of you (truly an art) will answer questions, offer tastes of different sauces, and are just generally alot of fun. I have never had to wait for TCP, because lots of people seem to want to sit at a table. For my money, TCP is a more unique experience.

I'll jump on the pile and also say Jiko is very good. So good that we now make PS there for every trip!!
Dress code is casual--as Webray says, you'll see a bit of everything at Jiko's.
And I can personally vouch for that creme Brulee--along with the Berber Braised Lamb Shank.

Keeping in mind that we have never eaten at V&A, we would rate Jiko as the BEST restaurant at WDW. The food, atmosphere, and service are exactly what you expect from a nice restaurant. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter