How full do you like to pack your touring plans?

We book our FP and a few ADRs. Nothing really scheduled at all beyond that. Sometimes we only book maybe one character ADR and then book last minute ADRs while we are in the park. Even with our group of 8-12, we have gotten lots of popular ADRs day of.

We are all very laidback and none of us like a rigid schedule on vacation. At WDW, we prefer to go where the spirit moves us. Sometimes our group splits up for a few hours so people can do what they want. Some of our group rope drops (our kids wake up super early and their best park time is morning - plus I LOVE mornings in the park), some other members of our group just play it by ear.

I’ve been going to WDW since I was a baby and I have my own kids now (toddlers.) FP+ was a big adjustment for our family because on most of our trips before FP+ was implemented, we didn’t decide what park we were going to until that morning! Sometimes at the bus stop! :)

We have now grown to love FP+ - it does help us do any “must do” attractions we do have - especially new rides. There are always a few rides we prioritize (Peter Pan’s Flight!!!!) but we have never had a long list of rides to check off. We do not feel like we didn’t get our money’s worth if we didn’t ride a certain number of rides. We enjoy many things in the parks that aren’t rides. And some of our favorite experiences are things that happened spontaneously.

Everyone travels differently. This is just what works for us! I respect the way everyone does it - those who totally wing it, moderate planners and the super mega planners who plan every minute. Everyone should do what works for their group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter