How fast do you think Disney reacts with new mask guidelines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know staffing is a big issue but the first return of DCP starts June 15th so they are trying to ramp up

Is that date the date they are actually out and working? Or is that when they first arrive? I’m assuming they have to go through training etc before they are just thrown to the wolves. Lol

Just curious because we arrive the 15th.

Absolutely true. If you can't check a vaccine card and somehow differentiate the vaccinated from non vaccinated, its a free for all. Unfortunately, in this scenario, many who should wear a mask won't.

When only half the states have over 50% of the eligible population vaccinated (not even talking about kids yet), its improving, but not close to the end. Few states have reached the 70% mark.
Don’t forget about those people that have already had the virus, thus includes kids also. Same protection as the vaccination.

Is that date the date they are actually out and working? Or is that when they first arrive? I’m assuming they have to go through training etc before they are just thrown to the wolves. Lol

Just curious because we arrive the 15th.
You are correct - that is the first day they will arrive so it will be at least a week until they are actually woking

Hopefully not fast at all. I already have to fight Universal for a refund for my June trip, I don't want to have to fight Disney and an airline too.
One nice thing about Disney is I don't think you'll have to fight them. Just call, explain why you don't want to go and ask for a full refund. I'm 99.9% sure under the circumstances; they'll refund no issue.

Previous infection has been shown to provide little if any immunity to future infection. Look at Manaus, Brazil. 75% of the city had covid at once last July/August and there was another massive outbreak by November. The only way thay can happen is if the same people are getting infected again.
That is just not true. The studies actually say the opposite. I haven't seen a full report on what happened in Manaus, Brazil but the studies on naturally infected people show the exact opposite.

https://www.westernjournal.com/stud...urce=facebook&utm_medium=empowerconservatives
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03647-4
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...=social&utm_term=032021#.YFYY0Aj3zck.facebook
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2770758
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.20.21255670v1

One nice thing about Disney is I don't think you'll have to fight them. Just call, explain why you don't want to go and ask for a full refund. I'm 99.9% sure under the circumstances; they'll refund no issue.
Hi unfortunately this is not completely true. I bought the 4 day Florida resident discovery ticket. Once they changed the mask mandate I called and asked for an extension till later August when I will be done with vaccination. I explained for medical reasons I have to wait till later summer.

Disney replied with they can’t do anything for me. I have a choice to go with maskless guests or lose over $800.00. Yes I would wear a mask, but it is much safer to you when others do too.

Only half of adults 18+ are fully vaccinated and no kids under 16 are fully vaccinated at this point. I think it says a lot that the one thing we can all seem to agree on is that no one's going to care about that rule.

The problem is that the people who would lie about their vaccination status DGAF if they infect other people, and the people who are vaccinated are protected, so there's no motivation for mask wearing by anyone except to protect the kids caught in the crossfire. Kind of wish they'd kept this mask requirement up until kids had a chance to get vaxxed for that reason, but all well. Most of the kids would be fine and any unvaccinated adults they end up infecting are already OK with taking their chances on the taxpayers dime (ventilators are expensive!).

The good news is it does look like we're reaching herd immunity as the cases have stayed low in most places in the US. On the other hand 666 people in the US died yesterday of a very easily preventable virus, so while we may feel done with Covid, it's very much not done with us yet, and is going to Darwin tens of thousands of people this summer.

Last edited:
We are at WDW now and it is crowded (and SO hot)! I would definitely say for anyone that is concerned about crowds and Covid, you may reconsider visiting until you are more comfortable in crowds. I would estimate 95% of people in line are not observing social distancing and about 50% are not wearing masks fully covering nose/mouth while in line (when CMs aren’t watching/reminding).

I have kids under 12 so I don’t want the indoor mask requirements removed. Totally fine that outdoor and walking around is removed.
Me too. We are booked to come in August, and my kids are 5 and 7. I have been really confident with everything at Disney, but I think knowing this is the reality, we'll have to cancel and rebook once my kids are able to be vaxxed first. I can't trust that the non-vaccinated people will wear masks even though they are required to.

The policy at Universal is that unvaccinated people must still wear masks indoors. Kids 2-11 are obviously unvaccinated (with the exception of the few involved in clinical trials), so yes, they would be expected to wear a mask.

This isn’t any different than any other place who has dropped mask requirements for vaccinated people. I have a 5 year old and continue to wear my mask in solidarity with him until he can get vaccinated. It’s a simple thing to do as a parent.

Nope

Me too. We are booked to come in August, and my kids are 5 and 7. I have been really confident with everything at Disney, but I think knowing this is the reality, we'll have to cancel and rebook once my kids are able to be vaxxed first. I can't trust that the non-vaccinated people will wear masks even though they are required to.
They are not REQUIRED to do. They are RECOMMENDED to do. You will see all these requirements dropping off very soon

They are not REQUIRED to do. They are RECOMMENDED to do. You will see all these requirements dropping off very soon

They are though:
"Guests who are not fully vaccinated are still expected to wear face coverings while indoors"

Obviously they can't determine someone's vaccination status, which means it's a requirement that's impossible to actually enforce. But it's still a requirement based on the honor system in an effort to not to infect other people. If someone doesn't like that requirement they can stay home. Or they can lie. But the unvaccinated have to choose.

Hi unfortunately this is not completely true. I bought the 4 day Florida resident discovery ticket. Once they changed the mask mandate I called and asked for an extension till later August when I will be done with vaccination. I explained for medical reasons I have to wait till later summer.

Disney replied with they can’t do anything for me. I have a choice to go with maskless guests or lose over $800.00. Yes I would wear a mask, but it is much safer to you when others do too.
I'm not familiar with those particular tickets, but are they not subject to the same rules as all other Disney World tickets where the value that you paid for the tickets does not disappear if you cancel your trip? I can understand if you cannot simply transfer the tickets from June to August (assuming they are date specific tickets), but are you sure you cannot apply the $800 you paid for the tickets toward the purchase of tickets in August? Every other type of ticket I am aware of allows that, assuming you never used the original tickets at all.

From Universal's website:
Here are the latest safety updates for your visit.
  • Face coverings are no longer required for fully vaccinated guests
  • We do not require proof of vaccinations
  • Guests who are not fully vaccinated are still expected to wear face coverings while indoors.
  • Face covering guidelines
    Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated guests. Non-vaccinated guests are asked to wear face coverings at all indoor locations.

But ultimately, without requiring proof of vaccination, it's a moot point. The people who are vaccinated are fine, but there are still going to be a lot of people who choose not to. Which in a FAMILY destination, where kids under 12 can't be vaccinated, that is a really scary decision. I only hope that Disney doesn't flip as quick as Universal did, since Disney caters to young families a lot more than Universal does.

They are though:
"Guests who are not fully vaccinated are still expected to wear face coverings while indoors"

Obviously they can't determine someone's vaccination status, which means it's a requirement that's impossible to actually enforce. But it's still a requirement based on the honor system in an effort to not to infect other people. If someone doesn't like that requirement they can stay home. Or they can lie. But the unvaccinated have to choose.
Right, which feels so unfair. The vaccinated people are the ones doing everything they can to end this pandemic and now they/we are the ones who have to make the decisions on what feels safe. That's putting a lot of trust in assuming every maskless person is vaccinated....which you know they won't be. A scary position to be in, vacationing with kids who CAN'T yet be vaccinated. Looks like another trip to be cancelled. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter