• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How fast do park passes book?

sndral

DIS Veteran
Although I’m a lifelong CA resident, live about 6 hours away, & used to go to DL annually I haven’t been for several years. I go to WDW every year instead. I’m returning this October along w/ the extended family & per my sister park reservations open tomorrow for our early October visit. I haven’t bought tickets yet - do I need to do so & hop right on park reservations tomorrow or can I wait a bit? We’ll be at the Grand Californian if that makes a difference.

If you are staying at one of the 3 disney hotels, it would appear you are basically guaranteed a ticket. They do not say it but that is what I have seen. Make sure to register your hotel reservation even if it is DVC on the go disney account.

Although I’m a lifelong CA resident, live about 6 hours away, & used to go to DL annually I haven’t been for several years. I go to WDW every year instead. I’m returning this October along w/ the extended family & per my sister park reservations open tomorrow for our early October visit. I haven’t bought tickets yet - do I need to do so & hop right on park reservations tomorrow or can I wait a bit? We’ll be at the Grand Californian if that makes a difference.

I would unless you have a specific reason to wait. 'Common Wisdom' does have it that onsite guests are pretty much a 'cert', but you never know.

We booked our park ressies immediately after booking our package at WDW (FtW) in 2020 for 2021. Ended up swapping a couple of park days with no problem a few months later. But the closer we got I did see some 'no availabilities' pop up on MDE. I wouldn't want to take a chance with DLR since it's just the 2 parks and heavy local traffic. Plus October can be busy due to H'weenTime.

I am confused how you would buy tickets and make reservations right away for October when I only see the reservation calendar available through Sept 26th today. I am going in November and want to be sure I don't miss one of the new steps required to go.

I am confused how you would buy tickets and make reservations right away for October when I only see the reservation calendar available through Sept 26th today. I am going in November and want to be sure I don't miss one of the new steps required to go.
Sorry-I wasn't paying attention to when your trip is. Book them as soon as they are available.

I would buy tickets and make park reservations right away. It's very easy to change them later if you need to, especially since you're staying onsite.
Is it easy to change if you’re offsite? Since they haven’t announced when OBB is it’s kind of a pain to pick days! We’re only goi g for 2 days and not sure if we’ll do OBB so want to maximize time!

Is it easy to change if you’re offsite? Since they haven’t announced when OBB is it’s kind of a pain to pick days! We’re only goi g for 2 days and not sure if we’ll do OBB so want to maximize time!
Last year party nights were mostly sun tue and thurs. If you’re wanting 2 straight days without a party it’s fri-sat. But it’s pretty easy to change dates early on. But closer to the days I’m uneasy as you have to cancel. Then rebook

Last year party nights were mostly sun tue and thurs. If you’re wanting 2 straight days without a party it’s fri-sat. But it’s pretty easy to change dates early on. But closer to the days I’m uneasy as you have to cancel. Then rebook
Thanks for the heads up! We’ll be there Sat/ Sun. Just the way flights worked out! I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter