• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far out do you get REALLY excited?

808blessing

DIS Veteran
For me, getting within 100 days of commencing trip makes my heart pitter-patter.
I’m a planner. Of course I’m excited throughout it all but when do you start to get super excited? Like when you login and see a certain “number” of days left.

I get a rush of excitement the moment I book the reservation ... but that doesn't return I'm seated in the airplane, the door is closed and we push back from the gate.
  • At 100 days out, it isn't even on my mind except for booking animal care.
  • At 30 days out, the dread and worry begins. (I hate leaving home.)
  • At 7 days out, my worry turns to panic. I pull out the suitcase and have it visible to both me and the indoor pets. I'm also updating all the animal care instruction documents.
    In case anyone is wondering ... the animal inventory currently includes: 1 parrot (with me for ~40 years); 1 dog (with me for ~10 years); 3 horses (with me ~12 years); and a few outdoor cats that have selected us for shelter & care. (~5 years)
  • At 2 days out, I'm beginning to deliver animals to their care centers and I simply hate the process. I hate the good-bye.
  • The night before travel I'm thinking about packing and checking the weather. But I'm also missing the dog. Very likely, I'm home alone ... in a very empty house. I might invite a cat inside ...
  • The morning of ... I'm packing. (I always say I'll do it earlier ... but then end up needing stuff from the suitcase. Taking stuff back out of the suitcase kinda defeats the purpose ... so I figure I'm better simply packing the day of travel.)
  • Driving/riding to the airport: more panic. It is ~2 hour drive ... of narrow, curvy roads. I'm not a good passenger ...
  • Once at the airport I'm all business. That is good. I've got travel savvy and skill and these kick in. No problem.
  • Seated on the airplane: Big exhale after perfecting my immediate space.
  • At pushback: Holding my husband's hand and sharing a smile, "Here we go, again!"
    And then the thrill returns ... during take-off my mind is released from the worries of "home" and I'm all about the adventure ahead of us.

Last edited:
For me, getting within 100 days of commencing trip makes my heart pitter-patter.
I’m a planner. Of course I’m excited throughout it all but when do you start to get super excited? Like when you login and see a certain “number” of days left.

For me, it happens at certain intervals and usually correlates to when I need to book something. Booking resort would obviously be first followed by flights. After that, getting to 99 days out, then dining, then being able to say, “we’re going next month!” Coincidentally, we hit that mark today because we leave on 9/23!

Hmmm....usually the day We get home from WDW, but right now our trip is not even booked yet. We are going in Aug 2022. I started getting excited last Aug, and now it’s only 12 months away....😁

In the Pre-Covid days, I got excited about going when booking dining at 180 days and FP+ at whatever the timeframe was for that ... but I guess I won't get really excited until 60 days when I try to book dining...and sadly, I think it will be a bit of a chore compared to before, with 11 people, both because reservations will likely need to be split, and because some people still won't know where they want to eat.

The moment we decide on the next time we will be going ( sooo … before we have officially booked)

We leave Saturday for a week. 5th visit during this pandemic. With each visit and given the less for more of late, combined with everything else, my excitement has diminished greatly from what it used to be.

#Meh

We leave Saturday for a week. 5th visit during this pandemic. With each visit and given the less for more of late, combined with everything else, my excitement has diminished greatly from what it used to be.

#Meh
How would you respond if you were answering for "any travel, anywhere" ... not limited to Disney locations? (FWIW, that is how I responded, above. I fully agree with your #Meh for WDW travel ... )

Soon as we book , but then usually more excited at 180 days - I was a long wait til 60 days this trip - 57 days today and counting !!!!!!!

I get excited when I start to see updates from blogs about limited run stuff. So like Simmering Sips, Remys Hide and squeak, Wine and Dine Two course challenge registration. I have traveled to WDW both right before the Pandemic March 2020, and after it reopened. When I get excited doesn’t really change. As a family we like to do the limited scavenger hunts, we played SotMK, we RunDisney, we do the Epcot festivals. I get excited when it’s time to start my training plan for Dopey.
So right now I am super excited for each of these different reasons. And probably driving my DBF crazy with all my excitement about my first cruise on the Dream in 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter