How far out are AP rates loaded for reservations? And can I book 2 rooms?

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of getting an AP next year for our May 2019 trip. We would need 2 rooms though so i was wondering if I could use one AP to book two rooms. Also, do you know about how far out they load rates into the system for making reservations? And, I was just going to get the basic seasonal AP - how can I tell if my dates would be subject to black out?

Thanks!

You can buy the ap anytime.
You don't need it to book a room

AP rates come out throughout the year.
It is now third week of June and ap rates for October have not come out yet.

No idea of when spring 2019 rates will be released.

(You can use the search button and pull up this years release period of ap rates for the spring.)

I'm not sure about booking multiple rooms, but seasonal pass blackout dates are usually around Christmas, Easter, and July. The only caveat is you are also blocked out of US if there is an evening concert, which occurs during Mardi Gras and Christmas time, I'm not aware of any in May (which doesn't mean there couldn't be one)

I used a seasonal AP to book 2 room for my family last spring. I originally booked standard rooms at Royal Pacific, then when the AP rates came out, I re-booked for waterview rooms, which was what was available for my spring break weekend and still a decent amount cheaper than my original reservation.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter