How Far/Many times can I bump out my Dummy Cruise?

nunzia

You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys
I booked a dummy cruise for this coming August on the Wonder hoping they would continue to sail out of Galveston on the route that went to WDW. This, of course, has not happened and I find the schedules that are currently available totally unappealing. I wonder if we will EVER get a better picture of 2014 cruises..at least in time for me to change my August 13 cruise. So, my question is can I bump this dummy booking to another cruise and then see what happens in latter 2014 or even early 2015 to bump it again to what I really want? I was hoping to see an Alaska announced in 2014 but no luck. Ugh..

There is no statute of limitations on bumping your dummy cruises.

I booked a dummy cruise for this coming August on the Wonder hoping they would continue to sail out of Galveston on the route that went to WDW. This, of course, has not happened and I find the schedules that are currently available totally unappealing. I wonder if we will EVER get a better picture of 2014 cruises..at least in time for me to change my August 13 cruise. So, my question is can I bump this dummy booking to another cruise and then see what happens in latter 2014 or even early 2015 to bump it again to what I really want? I was hoping to see an Alaska announced in 2014 but no luck. Ugh..

Sorry I'm new to this whole thing... What's a dummy cruise?

There is no statute of limitations on bumping your dummy cruises.

This. With an addendum.

This is the CURRENT policy. Disney is within their rights to change the policy. (Think about when they gave SBC for onboard bookings based on Castaway Club level and modified it to being based on length of sailing only)

There's no indication they'll do that. Just sayin'! :)

Sorry I'm new to this whole thing... What's a dummy cruise?

I'm new to DCL too but a "dummy cruise" is booked while you are on board your cruise. You get a pretty good deal when you rebook while on board. Less deposit and I think a slight discount on the cost of the cruise. The "dummy cruise" part comes from picking a cruise date. You pick any date and then later when you know the exact dates you want to cruise again you adjust the cruise date.

Make sense? Probably not :rotfl2: I'm sure someone with more cruise experience can explain it a bit better.

I'm new to DCL too but a "dummy cruise" is booked while you are on board your cruise. You get a pretty good deal when you rebook while on board. Less deposit and I think a slight discount on the cost of the cruise. The "dummy cruise" part comes from picking a cruise date. You pick any date and then later when you know the exact dates you want to cruise again you adjust the cruise date.

Make sense? Probably not :rotfl2: I'm sure someone with more cruise experience can explain it a bit better.

Yes..you also get more on board credit. We can't take the cruise we wanted..out of vacation time..which was a spring 2013 from Galveston that goes to WDW for a day, so we booked as far out as we could which ended up being an August cruise that ended up being to Jamaica (ugh..no interest) My DH gets his 2014 vacation time in November but those cruises don't look appealing..lots of seadays, no CC and going to Nassau..or Mexico..But I don't know..maybe. I don't like to fly so sailing out of Galveston or LA or possibly Seattle (loooong train trip) is what I'm looking at. When we retire I can see us doing a long trip to WDW and a cruise combined, but not now. Sooo..if they don't release something soon may just bump it to November and see if Alaska or something comes up, but if not and I bump past November I will have lost my Galveston chance since the last cruises from there..January 14, are only 4 days plus we already have a DLR trip planned then. I am seeing DCL being way to trigger happy to change if things don't instantly book rather than work on marketing or plus the cruises which I find disturbing for a company that should really have a long range focus. Like the Pacific Coast cruises..they weren't selling well so they discounted heavily and THEN added the Pixar theme. We had booked on one of them way before any discounts or plussing, (and we did end up getting a killer deal and the Pixar stuff was just fantastic) but I bet they never do those schedules again and they just seem to give up without letting something develop. I don't think they know what to do with four ships and really need to get creative, which is an odd thing to be missing from the Disney company :confused3.

And if I recall correctly...concierge cannot be bumped. I think the rule used to be 1 bump for concierge but I recall seeing people on here saying it was now 0.

My girlfriend and I are going on the Dream 3-night cruise on January 31st. She also has one booked with her family for June 1st aboard the Fantasy.

Can she take advantage of the onboard discounts by rebooking or amending her cruise, even though she has her cruise already booked?

ScholarAndAGent said:
My girlfriend and I are going on the Dream 3-night cruise on January 31st. She also has one booked with her family for June 1st aboard the Fantasy.

Can she take advantage of the onboard discounts by rebooking or amending her cruise, even though she has her cruise already booked?

You can ask the onboard booking cast member to reshop the cruise for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter